Quantcast

Ggg Info

Some info on camping and the raffle:

Camping: as always, camping is available in the main campground - call Carnegie for more information (925) 447-9027, $10/night/vehicle. They have bathrooms with flush toilets, and sinks, but no showers. Each camp spot has a fire pit too, which is cool. Last year, this campground was FILLED from the participents in the dirt bike Hill Climb event, so the rangers reluctantly allowed us to offer camping in our parking lot area for our race participents. Since it went over with no incedents last year, they've offered to allow us to do it again this year. The rules are: this will be available on Saturday night ONLY. NO OPEN FIRES (except in a BBQ), and everyone must camp within about 100 yards of our parking area. No charge though, which is cool. The main entrance/exit of the park is closed after hours. Their main campground has it's own entrance/exit at night, but if you're in the GGG area, I'm not sure if you'll be able to get to it. In other words, you should plan that you may be stuck inside the park after hours, unless there's an emergency. In the case of emergency, we'll have one of our volunteers camping in our GGG area with a park radio - his name is Franck - try to make a point in knowing where he's camped. Basically, you might be more comfortable camping in the main campground if you can secure a spot (and there are open fire pits), especially if you want to camp Friday or Sunday nights too. It's a lot closer to the Store too (with drinks and food and stuff).

Raffle: We are getting some REALLY cool stuff donated to our raffle this year. Don't want to say exactly what (frames, fork, truck bike racks, chain guides, etc) until I have it in my grubby hands, but if you want to see who's donating to it, check out our GGG sponsor web page:
http://www.teamwrongway.com/ggg/2005/sponsors.htm
Each racer get's one raffle ticket with their entry, and we sell additional tickets for $1 each. And then there's always that one guy (I won't say who he is, but he took 1st in the Exp Men 35-44 last year, and he always wears that funky girly cowboy hat) who buys a hundred tickets and wins all kinds of stuff...

Conditions last weekend were AWESOME out there. Still green, not too hot, ground had a good amount of moisture in it. Should make for a great course and good time! We'll be doing more course work this weekend, common out if you want to lend a hand Saturday or Sunday. Contact Blake for more info: bvonknopka@hotmail.com

-S