Quantcast

Giant ATX DH Team or ATX-One Rear Chainstay Removal ?

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
Curious if anyone here has ever taken the rear swing arm off a Giant ATX Team or ATX-One before ?

I bought one a while ago and the chainstays are cracked quite bad, one just popped up on ebay and I bought it after looking at it first and its rear end being fine.

Ive managed to get most of it off except the part I need (typical) the drive side pilot cover and bolt came out fine, but the non drive side just turns and you can see main pivot/axel spinning too. I can kinda see a the smallest torxkey hole up there also but thats just part of the cover bolt.

I cant find anything on the net and I really need this to come out/off, or ill just have to cut the frame or pivot in half to be able to get to it.

any help would be great

driveside.jpgnondrive.jpg

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
How many project bikes are you working on right now? I love a good retro build

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
How many project bikes are you working on right now? I love a good retro build
3 but this one is my baby, the other ones are Haro DHR, and a Trek Pro Issue DH from 98.

But this bolt is bringing me to breaking point haha

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Pretty sure he means slide the axle out with a punch and hammer.

Didn't know the Trek build was you- pretty awesome, and strange topic change, but here goes.

The blue Trek from your thread is (was) my buddy's (Buddharoadkill for you oldschool RM folks). Someone broke into his garage and stole it about 7 years ago, which ultimately led to him ditching any kind of DH riding. Kinda sad. Anyway, I was all psyched on a "lead" on his stolen bike when I first saw your thread, but then realized that the thief would have had to take that picture from his living room. Also funny that pic made it's way to a UK retro build site. Anyway, I enjoy watching your builds and if anyone sees that blue trek for sale, please let me know!

Last edited:

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
Success! I thought thats what it meant, different countries use different lingo.

I just put a really long 6mm allen key up the guts and tapped it with a soft head mallet, once I saw it move one hit and it flew out almost smashing the window haha.

chainstay.jpgchainstay1.jpgchainstay2.jpg

Yeah the Trek is mine slow build thou, I have hayes and stuff for it but there for sale at the mo trying to fund this build.

Just have the frame and 2 pairs of Boxxer 151's ready to get the best parts from both and send them to TFTuning for a rebuild and the tweaks they use to do to Peatys forks.

Last edited: