Quantcast

Giant Delievers!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My warranty replacement hardtail has arrived. Giant XtC SE1.

Build will be all XT, Marzocchi Z1 Bomber fork, Avid 180s, Rhyno Lite XL blah blah blah.

I still haven't decided on an integrated headset or an adaptor for my current King.

I need a new seat post and longer stem but I haven't decided on those yet... Thomson seatpost of course :rolleyes: and probably a Salsa stem with a slight rise... dunno yet.

I might pony up for another SID but I thinking on keeping the Marzocchi for plush factor.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Serial Midget
My warranty replacement hardtail has arrived. Giant XtC SE1.

Build will be all XT, Marzocchi Z1 Bomber fork, Avid 180s, Rhyno Lite XL blah blah blah.

I still haven't decided on an integrated headset or an adaptor for my current King.

I need a new seat post and longer stem but I haven't decided on those yet... Thomson seatpost of course :rolleyes: and probably a Salsa stem with a slight rise... dunno yet.

I might pony up for another SID but I thinking on keeping the Marzocchi for plush factor.

How long did it take from the time your wrote you first made your claim till the bike got to your door.

PS. if you have an extra set of wheels I'll buy them off ya.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
looks nice SM. that WAS fast. If you need a Thomson seatpost (27.2) I have a black one that's brand new, 330 mm for $50 shipped, or a lightly used silver lay-back for $40 shipped if you're interested.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by stosh
How long did it take from the time your wrote you first made your claim till the bike got to your door.

PS. if you have an extra set of wheels I'll buy them off ya.
8 days... :D :D :D My LBS really worked for me and they have been a Giant dealer for a very long time. If you can get your dealer to vouch for you the warranty process seems pretty smooth. Too be honest though... I was surprised how fast it came!!!

Spare wheelsets are all 517s DTS & XT non disk... oh well. :(

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by spincrazy
looks nice SM. that WAS fast. If you need a Thomson seatpost (27.2) I have a black one that's brand new, 330 mm for $50 shipped, or a lightly used silver lay-back for $40 shipped if you're interested.
DOH! I need a 31.6 X 410... I'll have a 27.2 X 250 silver Thomson for sell though... only 6 months old but... looks like Iam hard on seat posts too. :rolleyes:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by indieboy
dude how tall are you??? that frame looks sooooooooooo small like a 15 inch :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Originally posted by Babar
By the way what size is that ? looks like a souped up kiddy frame.
Frame is a 14" - I needed a 16 but this frame is either 17.5 Med or 14 Small. I test road a shop model and decided it was fine.

I am 5ft7 with a 29" inseam - I need a small. I ride a 52 or 53 road bike.

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
Originally posted by Serial Midget
Frame is a 14" - I needed a 16 but this frame is either 17.5 Med or 14 Small. I test road a shop model and decided it was fine.

I am 5ft7 with a 29" inseam - I need a small. I ride a 52 or 53 road bike.
I feel like a freak...
I ride anywhere from 19.5"-21" frame. :D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The new gets even better. I was initially expecting a "pre 2000" NOS warranty frame but I discovered that Giant sent me current 2003 frame.

Now if I can only master painting XTR on all my XT crap and UST on my rims - everyone will think I'm sporting a $3,300.00 MSRP XC Bling Machine. It'll be the ultimate in poser chic.

:D :D :D

Giant's customer service and warranty program are incredible - I think they'll have me as a customer for life. :thumb:

XC Bling Bling

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
plus they added standover height. The seatstays weld to the seat tube above the top tube height. Rocky Mountain was the first company to do that in the world.

Less harsh on your pocket danglers.

The headtube welds are a similar story. Cut to fit top to down to head. More material got added below the down tube which looks like a specialized/ellsworth trait.

Giant is nutorious for stealing the best technology from every other manufacturer and adding it in their own bicycles.

I just love it when years later everyone else starts buying bicycles made the way I got mine way back when. . .