Quantcast

Giant DH bushings

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Anyone know where I can buy or find some bushings for an 03 giant dh?
Fluidride and DHZ don't have'em and it's for a friends bike that she needs for the weekend. Help a brutha out.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
As far as I remember, all the pivots in that frame are bearings, not bushings. You should be able to get the bearings from any one of the bearing supply places in the seattle area.

Or do you mean shock bushings?

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
If all you need are bearings, Gerrish on 4th will save you some time and money. They do NOT carry MAX bearings so if you are looking for those you will be SOL...but for make-do bearings, they will serve you well.

If you need any other Giant hardware, the boys at Fluid can order it in. I had to have a complete rebuild on my dh team and within one week's time everything was in the shop and installed.

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Thanks guys. I needed the shock mounting h-ware actually. I found what I needed (in Utah). Seems like nobody is carrying anything from Manitou right now in the Puget Sound. Probably smart!

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Bingo..if it was anything other than manitou, could help you out. Bushings are a fairly standard part though. In the future, you could most likely find them locally at a place like garish bearing. Manitou uses a 12mm bush IIRC.
All this because manitou uses different sized bushings than what fox/marz/5th all use. It would be nice to see them change this with the new owners, so that more hardware would be 'standard' and thus interchangable.