Quantcast

giant dh linkage

dhman

Chimp
Sep 13, 2004
anyone know the part numbers of the bearings for the rear linkage on a dh comp/team frame. both main and sub linkage. my bearings are hashed after the beacon blastoff and need to replac ethem. don't won't to pay giant the 150 bucks for the kit.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
1. Dust cover for bearing has all info you need. Your Giant has 6000 series in all pivots except for the main (verify that number though my memory may be shot) You can also remove a bearing and measure the OD, ID and width.

2. Yellow Pages for Bearing Supply Store, call with dust cover number or dimensions you measured and get quote (should be less then $6 a piece) and inventory status

3. Go to store and Buy

dhman

Chimp
Sep 13, 2004
dude you guys are awsome....payed 26$ usd for the 2 large and 5 small bearings. not bad. now if i could just get the dust covers off that are stripped. any ideas?

Rockin Johny

Chimp
Jan 26, 2002
Ajax, ON
I feel for you. I had the same issue with the covers on mine. The hex-head stripped and the only way I could get them off was to have the model shop gut at my plant use an end mill and gradually eat away at them until the threads could be removed. He then machined two replacements for me with a slot for removal instead of the hex head. If and when you replace them, make sure the threads are lubed and you crack them loose occasionally to ensure they don't get seized.

John