Quantcast

Giant Faith

bruiser

Chimp
Feb 4, 2004
annapolis
Bike Doctor in Annapolis just got a Faith 2 in for stock so if anyones interested in the Faith series feel free to swing in and take a look

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I saw a faith in the front window of performance in rockville by the REI. drove by and noticed it but didnt stop in.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Our shop was supposedly going to get some in. We should be getting in some Enduros. To tell you the truth, I dont really like the Giants this year. I like the AC and VT series better. Ill stick to Specialized and Cannondale hence the sig.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
rpk i argee with you on the VT being a great bike but i do feel the faith overall is a much better bike than the AC.

trance/reign=<vt because the vt could do both of these bikes job
faith>AC stronger pedals better and more travel

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
To tell you the truth i don't think anyone likes giant. :p I had an AC and it sucked horribley. Worst chainline ever on that bike.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Performance up in Towson/Parkville area had a Faith 2 on the floor last week. I walked up to it and scoped it out and was unimpressed. Sure it's not the most trick rig around and it's by a great big taiwanese labor using company, but still, I would expect at least a tiny tingle in my pants.

Nothing.

And boy is it one ugly bulky looking bike.

Now a Demo 8 or 9, there's some tingling. Or that new Iron Horse Team Sunday over at Pinkbike. Ooooooh. I even tingle for the new Norco Manik a bit.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
uhhh the bike lane is a nice shop but they don't have anything that amazing. They do have that heckler thats been built up with a saint kit they told me that'd sell in a second thats been sitting there forever.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
At my shop we have a Gemini 900 at a good price in a large that is a nice freeride rig. Thats probably the most big hit bike in our store. If I had the money, I would buy it just because its well equipped. So if you know anyone who is looking for a Gemini 900 in a large, talk to me.

NaptownF400

Chimp
May 25, 2005
Elkridge, MD
rpk1988 said:
At my shop we have a Gemini 900 at a good price in a large that is a nice freeride rig. Thats probably the most big hit bike in our store. If I had the money, I would buy it just because its well equipped. So if you know anyone who is looking for a Gemini 900 in a large, talk to me.

Which shop do you work in?

NaptownF400

Chimp
May 25, 2005
Elkridge, MD
Well I'm 5'4" (AND 1/2!), so I don't think the large is going to do it for me. I'll definately stop by the shop though. I didn't even know Princeton had bikes... I bought a ton of skiing stuff there this winter. I heard about the Sunday morning rides, if it's nice this Sunday I might hit that up.

John

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea man come out. I will try to make it out there. They are calling for T-Showers tomorrow night so that might ruin it. But hopefully not.

Yea man, we sell bikes. We have a bunch of F300 and F400. The Gemini is sitting on top of the Thule truck display right as you walk in.

One suggestion man, try to sell you F400 and invest in a Prophet. If you like the Cannondale line, this bike is sweeeeettttt. I love it. If you come out on Sunday morning, look for me on my Blue Prophet and introduce yourself.

Ryan

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Which Princeton.....Falls Rd?

I bought a new Specialized there about a month and a half ago and am so far still trying to decide if I'm pleased with their service and their attitude towards warranty replacements.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Our attitude towards warranty replacements is fine. Most of the time its the company's. There are some settle differences between the Columbia and Falls Rd. store.

Where do you live HotButterToppin?

Which Specialized did you get?

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
I live up in the Perry Hall/White Marsh area.

The bike's an '05 Rockhopper Pro Disc, aka the franken-hopper, because it's the only hardtail in Specialized's line spec'd for freeride (or lite freeride). I guess the P series bikes could handle freeride hardtail duties of built up right, but not from the factory as they're more urban/dirt oriented.

My warranty story is a little longwinded and full of mystery and circumstance (hahah, honestly) so I'll save it for another day. I will post it here or MTBR when the saga comes to an end (need to hear back from Sun-Ringle first).

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea man. But most of the times its the companys that have warranty issues. Bike shops just get caught in the middle. I own a P.1 (as you can see in my sig.) and it is def. Dj oriented. But it is toooo sweet.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
I've been on a bit of a bike buying bender, well, a restrained bender, lately. I picked up the hardtail as my "get back into riding with a versatile setup" bike and now I'm already trying to figure out how I can justify a dedicated freeride full susser in the $2000 range. Plus I'm thinking I could use a dirt jump or urban bike because that's what I ride mainly during the week (urban).

Need to do a bit more saving and less spending. Hopefully when it comes time to pick up the DH/FR FS bike I won't go overboard and get a Demo 8 or 9 and then have to live out of my car. Heh.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Haha I know. If a large fits you, the Gemini at Princeton in Columbia will fit your budget fine. It comes with a Sherman Breakout with 130/170 inches of travel. Its a 2004 Gemini 900. It is sooo sweet. Its $20 under you $2000 range. Haha.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Not a big fan of Cannondale or Giant for that matter. Chances are I'll go with something either from Specialized if I talk myself into either an Enduro SX Trail, or a Kona Stinky if I balk at the price of the Spesh, or maybe a Norco. The Faith, if it weren't so ugly and made by by cheap Taiwanese labor by the Nike of mountain bikes, isn't all that bad a setup I hear.

I'm looking for a 4 bar linkage (not ancient tech single pivot), 6-7" of travel, coilover Fox shock, Marzocchi fork (preferrably double crown), and some nice strong wheels hopefully Sun. If the bike is built in USA/Canada that would certainly be a plus.