Quantcast

Giant Glory 2008 Sizing..

Wilson

Chimp
Feb 17, 2007
Just wondering...Will have to choose from either a Small or a Medium. I've been riding a small 05 Wilson and found that the Medium has the most similar specs (TT,WB).

Would like to know what's in inches the size of the Medium and the Small one...

Cheers,

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Give us a little more to go on... How bigga boy are yah?
There is a pretty long thread on this last year-
I'm 5'8" with a long inseam for my height, short torso and I ride
a Med. - I was in the same spot on what to ride, specs are hard to
go by and I can't remember but, one of the specs for Glory DH or
the Glory 8 were wrong on the website. I called Giant and they said
so. Sorry I can't remember which but, just don't put everything on written
specs. If you aren't shorter than me get a medium!
Awesome bike though, enjoy

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
as far as I can tell, the medium glory is the most all encompasing size for a downhill bike that i've ever seen (DH specific, the FR versions are a little better).

The medium glory fits pretty much everybody. The large and small don't.

If you're pretty much everybody, get the medium!

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
I was just having the same issue. Knew I wanted a glory but was nervous about the sizing. I'm 6'1 and the TT on the large DH was close to 3 inches longer than the medium, way more than I needed. I actually just ended up going with FR version in a medium, still low but the top tube gives you 2 more inches. I took the 66 off and the Pig Headset and got the XC flush to replace it. I replaced the 66 with an 08 888 RC3 WC and will be getting the flat crowns for it. Also replaced the Roco with a DHX 5/Ti and went with DT 340's on 6.1's. Also went to a SRS and removed the DRS rings and guide. Pretty much replaced everything on the bike to get a more DH specific build and lighten it up. I lost .9 inches of travel going to the FR version but oh well. I think it'll be a pretty sick sled. What do you guys think? Its not complete yet but within 2 weeks or so..
Also got the Azonic rear axle to replace the boat anchor that Giant gives you, saved a ton of weight.

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
im on a small glory @ 5 8 and coming off and r9 which was a bigger ride. the short wheel base is nice @44.5 but i think the extra inch of the medium 45.5 would be nice in rougher faster section. if i can flip my glory ill order a medium for 08

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
So, is the gap between the medium and Large as big as the site says? Or are the numbers not telling the whole story?

I am 6'3, and am strongly considering a Glory for fun..

Wilson

Chimp
Feb 17, 2007
I'm 5'9" and pretty much like small bike. Though I don't like short cockpit and correct me if I'm wrong but the small glory does... Think I'll go with the medium since for my opinion large is too much...Am I wright ?

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
Jeff, you would want the large. I'm 6' and I rode a medium, but found it boarderline.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
im 5'11'' and ride a large. i find it really comfortable and i ride it just fine. for some reason i feel better on a larger bike.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
I'm 5'9" and pretty much like small bike. Though I don't like short cockpit and correct me if I'm wrong but the small glory does... Think I'll go with the medium since for my opinion large is too much...Am I wright ?
Def. go with the med. you will be cramped on the TT of the Small
Like I said I am 5'8" and short torso and the med. fits perfect.
the Standover isn't that tall, says 17" but dips down on TT
The bike def. still has short enough wheel base to turn great!
And is small enough to be whippable! Dude the small is tight!