Quantcast

Giant Glory 2010 misalignment?

Agassichan

Chimp
Sep 25, 2009
Hello all!

I've been on my friend's Glory 2010 this afternoon.

Looking it seriously cause I want one, I've seen a shock misalignment.

It's not perfectly under the top tube! In fact, the upper link it's not symmetric. The shock comes 2 or 3mm to the left!

Does anyone seen that?

Many thanks!

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Let's keep this real simple before another stupid e-rumor gets started:

There is nothing wrong with your bike.

it is not 'misaligned' it is properly aligned. The frame is designed that way intentionally to make room for the drivetrain (chainring, chainguide and back plate, etc) without making a mess out of the chain line. Evil does the same thing as well as a few other companies. it's the most effective way to make everything fit in such a small space. I believe the old Glory was designed the same way.

Gotta love marketing
i wouldn't call it marketing, i just happened to notice it one day on a sales floor and just assumed it was designed to create a more aligned overall center of gravity. if it was maketing, i would have said "it is" over "i'm pretty sure." honestly, i couldn't care less what's it's real purpose is or i might have posed the question myself. i just trust that it was designed that way for a reason...

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Yup, the shock sits off center, not a much as the 09's but it does look funny when you look down. It's all good!