Quantcast

Giant Glory 2010 sizing for a 6'2" rider

What size for me?

• Total voters

Agassichan

Chimp
Sep 25, 2009
Hello!

I'm planning to move from my Qbike Empire to a Giant Glory 2010.

I'm having serious problems choosing the size. I've noticed Giant changed M size to make it it a bit longer but I don't know if it would be enough for me.

I'm 6'1" or 6'2", and I had the opportunity to check that the old M Glory is short for me even with a 55mm stem.

Anyone has ridden the L 2010 glory? How tall are you? Any impressions?

Anyone has ridden the L 2008/9 glory? How tall are you? Would you move to a M 2010 size?

Many thanks for your advice!

PS: I don't really want to open a sizing discussion, just look for some help

Last edited:

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
I'm the same height and run the Medium 2010 Glory. I had the 08 Glory FR and I believe the 2010 Glory DH has the same top tube length? I prefer smaller bikes though and the jump in sizing between the large and medium is crazy. I would say it depends on whether or not you like smaller feeling bikes?

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
As far as I know, DH versions of dowhhill Glorys have had longer TT than freeride Glory.
Agassichan, if You are 188cm, I would certainly go for L.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Per Giant's archives, the 08 DH was 22.3 and the 08 FR was 23.2, granted the site is not always accurate. I have ridden a medium DH which was def more slack, but had a shorter cockpit.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I'm the same height and I've ridden the 09 large. Not the new one though.

Personally, I can't justify smaller bikes any more after switching to large sizes. This is mostly due to the areas I ride where you have short pedally sections. I've done the medium DH bike thing and although I miss the flickability, I'm much happier with the bigger cockpit and longer wheel base for high speed stuff. More room to move around is so much better IMO.

Plus, I don't have bruises from my triple clamps any more.

Agassichan

Chimp
Sep 25, 2009
Many thanks you all for your help.

I'm in the other side than Uncle Cliffy. My last bike was even longer than the one I'm riding, and I'm wondering if a shorter bike would be faster, because our riding calendar here is normally full of short closed turns rather than fast traks.

I've been measuring my bike and is a bit crazy. I'm on 119cm wheelbase, but a 60 cm top tube (46,8 - 23.6). I hope my data and the giant web data are correct...

Comparing them with the Glory 2010 M, i will have a similar top tube, but a much shorter wheelbase ( will it help on closer turns?).

Looking to the 2010 L, it has a very very large TT, even more than my longer bikes! I don't want to run on a 23mm stem! Is the same geometry than Glory 2009, but I could'nt prove it. I've prove the Giant 09 M and is short for me, but the 2010 is larger...

Here are the geometries of the 3 bikes we're talking about!

GIANT 2010 GEOMETRIES

GIANT 2009 GEOMETRIES

QBIKES EMPIRE GEOMETRIES

happhazard

Chimp
Aug 30, 2005
I'm the same height and run the Medium 2010 Glory. I had the 08 Glory FR and I believe the 2010 Glory DH has the same top tube length? I prefer smaller bikes though and the jump in sizing between the large and medium is crazy. I would say it depends on whether or not you like smaller feeling bikes?
I'm trying to decide between M/L size as well(6' 1"). How are you liking the medium?

Could anyone measure center of bottom bracket to center/top of head tube on a large 2010 for me? Much appreciated! (27 1/2" on medium)

@ Cliff- was wondering if ya'll have any at Bear Creek I could try out?
Going to be in Ashland in a week or so...

Foxbat

Chimp
Aug 14, 2008
Portland OR
I'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam and I ride a medium 2010 glory. With a 55mm stem, the bike feels comfortable yet compact. If I were 6'+ I would have picked a large.

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
I am 6'3" and I would for sure ride a large! My mate is 6'2" and he is getting the large. He is coming off a large Iron Horse (7 Point) and says it's too small, hence the larger Glory choice. The tighter wheel base will help on tighter turns but will not be as stable at speed or in the chunder. @NorthEasternDH that's a difficult question. How much more growing do you have to do? How old are you. How tall are your relatives? I'm inclined to say med but it's so hard to say when you could end up being 6'4" in 2 months???

PaulHaines

Chimp
Apr 19, 2010
I have EXACTLY the same problem. I am 6' / 184cm and am considering Glory 2010 M vs L
I currently have a ReignX size M, which is a pretty good fit. However according to Giant's geometry, the Glory M is 1/2" longer Top Tube than the Reign. But is this due to the very slack seat angle of the 2010 glory? Just don't know.
Concerned if I get a L it will be too big. My riding is DH, mainly on twisty tracks, and I enjoy FR'ing it too...

What size did you buy in the end, and how is it?

Agassichan

Chimp
Sep 25, 2009
I haven't bought any.

I had the chance to take a ride on the L, and I don't feel confortable. It's not a truck, but I need something smaller. The M, is really short for me.

I Giant could make a size between L and M I will buy it for sure!

Shepherdwong

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
I'm 6'2", all arms and legs and ride a large reign x. I was able to test ride both the large and medium Glory around a parking lot. I wanted the Medium to be too small so I could go large without a doubt but it felt pretty good too. I ended up going large, it felt just subtly bigger than the medium and slightly better to me. I'd say at 6 foot flip a coin or test ride both if you have that option. I'd probably say go medium but I wouldn't think you'd find the large prohibitively huge.

BrianMac

Chimp
Sep 10, 2001
Toronto, Canada
I'm 6'2" and went with a medium Glory. I disliked my old large Giant DH team as it always felt too large. I still only have one ride on my new bike. So far so good and I'm very happy I went medium. Knees seem to have good clearance and I felt comfortable both at high speed, tight turns and jumping. I only ran through some smaller rock gardens.

I'm coming off a medium 08 Glory and I still don't quite understand why Giant builds the large so dang big.

Brian

PaulHaines

Chimp
Apr 19, 2010
I just got a size M, and am 6' tall.
Seems to be perfect, if a little "compact" but certainly not too small by any means.
I think the increased TT length made this possible. If it was 2008/9 Glory the L would have been the right size.

And - most of the time we would be out of the saddle or pointing downhill and leaning back...

M.P.

Chimp
Feb 3, 2008
Austria
I'm 5,9 and decided I'd go for a M. But you getting the chance to test it and not feeling comfortable on both you really might need a size in between. If you still consider to take a glory, i'd go for a L.

I'm considering another thing, somebody told me that there's maybe a new glory in a few months. Does anybody know if the have made any modifications and will be coming out with a new(or modified) frame?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
I'm considering another thing, somebody told me that there's maybe a new glory in a few months. Does anybody know if the have made any modifications and will be coming out with a new(or modified) frame?
Who's your friend that told you this?

cmoney

Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
I had a large 2010 Glory,I am 6'2 the theroretical top tube measurement was 23.5 not the 24 something that they say on the website.
I would go for the large the medium will be to cramped.
If they are working on a new Glory hopefully they will not make it out of old pop cans,they move the cables to the top side of the downtube,and give it a proper head angle.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'm 179cm and when I hopped on my friends M glory it seemed not that big. I'd even think of going for L, though I like large bikes. On your place I wouldn't even ask - just get an L.