Quantcast

Giant Glory Advanced.. is it for real!?

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
They did the same thing with the new Treks. Had those cute little MS-Paint drawings on the page just like this glory.
I thought the carbon glory was expected to be available in 2015? :confused:
Would make sense for them to put it in the shop if it´s available in the near future.

4gnegative

Chimp
Sep 10, 2010
Orange Curtain
There is no doubt there will be a carbon glory. Only question is when. I'm guessing we will see one possibly at sea otter. With giant's recent release of the 2015 glorys I'm sure they don't want to shoot themselves in the foot and talk about a carbon version being released soon. When all that would do at this point is give potential buyers a reason to hold out till next year.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
The Glory must be serious loss leader for the brand if they are so late to market with a carbon version. Bean counters keeping those costs in check.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
You guys realize a LOT of brands postponed expected release of carbon DH bikes in favor of putting out aluminum 650b platforms, right? The idea being to test the waters with the bigger wheels before investing in the expensive molds required for carbon...

That's right. One more reason to hate bigger wheels.

ronnyg801

Chimp
May 27, 2009
^^^^^I would suspect that that is "the reasoning they give us". I also think that part of the truth my lie in the realization that if they do alloy this year and then carbon next they will get more sales the following year. I know in my area there are quite a few people who pick up a new bike every year for little changes or just cause they can afford it really, when you have that kind of money buying things just to be entertained is reason enough.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
I have no idea what that means.

But if it was a pop at my needless " oh look at me, I know people" post, then that's fair enough... not sure what I was trying to achieve with saying that :p

Last edited: