Quantcast

Giant Question

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Anybody know the weight difference between the 2010 Trance X, and Reign (not the Reign X) frame only and complete. I'm contemplating a new trail bike for the spring. If the the weight difference is minimal ( a pound or so) I think the Reign is the winner.......an inch more travel, and slightly slacker FTW.

cheers

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Don't write off the Reign X, its lighter than my 09 Turner Spot.

krispy@go-ride.com said:
medium frame weight 6lb 12oz, x small is 6lb 10oz. Put a RP23 on it and it's about 6.5lbs. The same as many 140mm trail bikes!
Small:

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
my Med 09 Reign with RP23 is 6.12 lbs
my Med 10 Reign X with DHX air is 6.90 lbs (actually probably a tad lighter than that since that weight is with all the chain stay protector and tape over it)

Jul 8, 2009
Anybody know the weight difference between the 2010 Trance X, and Reign (not the Reign X) frame only and complete. I'm contemplating a new trail bike for the spring. If the the weight difference is minimal ( a pound or so) I think the Reign is the winner.......an inch more travel, and slightly slacker FTW.

cheers
My Med. 2008 Trance x0 frame was 5.75lbs with shock, headset cups and rear hanger.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Don't write off the Reign X, its lighter than my 09 Turner Spot.

Small:
I'm not considering the Reign X more for Geo reasons. I have a Demo 8 for DH and a Giant Faith for freeride/trail, so I'm looking for more of a long travel XC bike. A full on XC bike is out of the question. Either a Reign or a Trance X will feel like a XC race bike to me.

so a Reign is 6.12, and a Trance X is 5.75. So with similar builds they'd practically have the same weight.........The 2010 Reigns come with DHX air's so they would weigh a little more then a Reign with a RP23.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
You won't get the same feel with the Reign that you do with the Trance X. Despite only being an inch less travel, and .5* steeper (with a 140), the Trance X feels noticably more responsive when sprinting and climbing out of the saddle. The Reign is possibly the most efficent 6" bike I've ever ridden, but the Trance X has less movement under power than the Reign IMO. This is from someone who has owned both and ridden then back to back. If you want radically different without being a traditional xc bike, the Trance X is what I would recommend looking at.

Last edited: