Quantcast

Giant Reign or Trance for 4X?

i'm looking for a 4X bike that i can also go trail riding with. looking for a lighterweight setup...and a frame with an uninterrupted seattube.

i was thinking about giant frames...but would you pick a reign or trance...or neither?

i was leaning towards the trance because it has shorter travel...but you think it'll take the abuse?

other suggestions welcome

speedster

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
I forget what team giant rider is riding the trance as a slalom bike, and it looks pretty good as long as you are a smooth rider. Low CG and limited travel. The Cannondale prophet 4X is one of the most overpriced bikes out there for what you get. It is a great 4X bike, don't get me wrong, but when I looked into getting one I was blown away by the price. Look at SC and Specialized.

Nov 7, 2004
Tiburon, CA
ioscope said:
I think that those are trail bikes.
So be smooth.
Lacking that, get a true 4X bike like a blur or something.
what makes a true 4x bike??? the blur sure is not a 4x bike. the blur 4x is...
The trance is an awsome 4x bike, the geometry is perfect for 4x. The difference between the trance and the reign is the travel and the geometry on the reign is a little bit more slack. Both bikes corner super well and track better than any other vp on the market. I say if you are going to get a 4x bike go with the trance. The trance 3 is an awsome buy, it has a lot of great 4x parts and it got bike of the year! My vote is for the trance.
-Peter