Quantcast

Giant Reign X + e.13 chainguide?

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
Has anyone here had any luck getting an e.13 guide on a Giant Reign X? (2012 model). Apparently they fubar'ed the ISCG tab so badly that an e.13 cannot be clocked in the right position. (or at least thats what the mechanic that's building my bike has told me). Need some advice here, I was all pumped on riding today and this has put a big wrench in the works.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
i ran an MRP lopes BB mount and that was perfect.

a budddy had a gamut BB mount that worked well also.

the tabs no-es-worky with anything, as far as i know.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Ran a Straitline Silent Guide on mine (2012) for a fair bit without any issues.

Now on a clutch SRAM rear mech with an MRP AMG paired with a 30T NothShore Billet ring. The lack of lower retention has not been an issue at all.

bl4

Chimp
May 20, 2012
Has anyone here had any luck getting an e.13 guide on a Giant Reign X? (2012 model). Apparently they fubar'ed the ISCG tab so badly that an e.13 cannot be clocked in the right position. (or at least thats what the mechanic that's building my bike has told me). Need some advice here, I was all pumped on riding today and this has put a big wrench in the works.
I sadly discovered the same thing today that an e.13 lg1 won't fit on the iscg tabs on my reign x...dumb.

What did you end up using on your bike? Any suggestions greatly appreciated at this point...may give it a shot with just a raceface narrow/wide chainring up front and see how that goes...

and fwiw, 2012 reign x with 34t ring in the front, 36t cassette in the back with saint rd/shifting.

Last edited:

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
FWIW, just put one of Demomonkey's old MRP G2 SL chain guide on my wife's old Giant Trance... no ICSG tabs on that frame, so had to use an LG bb mount. Interfered with lower suspension arm so dropped with LBS to get their dremmel-magic done on the mount. Works fine now.

Last edited:

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
I sadly discovered the same thing today that an e.13 lg1 won't fit on the iscg tabs on my reign x...dumb.

What did you end up using on your bike? Any suggestions greatly appreciated at this point...may give it a shot with just a raceface narrow/wide chainring up front and see how that goes...

and fwiw, 2012 reign x with 34t ring in the front, 36t cassette in the back with saint rd/shifting.
I had to track down the weird MRP backplate that originally came with it, it's basically just a lower roller on the backplate. Been rocking that with a dual ring setup, so far so good until I smashed the lower roller on Saturday and bent the backplate and lost the roller :(

It also might be worth contacting Giant and seeing if they can sell the MRP Guide that comes on this years Reign X0 http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/reign.x0/11516/55880/