Quantcast

Giant Reign X set up

I would like some thoughts on this set up.
I wanted something for courses like Sea Otter DH and other local Downhill courses in the Northwest. Plust I haven't had a new machine since 2005. ....I know...it's way to clean right now. Should I add some pink balloons to the seat post?

Any feedback is great - on the 'stuff' you see. I'm curious as to how the XTR M975 brakes will perform with 8" rotors and how the new Mavic SX's have been.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23442739@N05/?saved=1

Haven't ridden it yet as I'm waiting on a front brake adaptor.

Cheers,,

C.Bentley
Pacific Northwest / Team Sega
www.blackdiamongracing.org
Thanks to:
www.bdbikes.com / www.fluidride.com
tread282@msn.com
RS / FSA / Michelin / Fox / Thompson / Mavic

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Not sure what to say but it looks good. I got mine a few months ago, replaced those crappy bars and stem with a shorter race face deablos stem and bars to match. I put a 2.5 tire in front. Pretty happy with it now, evetually I want a bolt on axle for the rear and maybe a beefer tire. The fox fork is good but could use another inch of travel, altough I have over shot some pretty big jump/drops and it sucked it up so I am going to keep it for now. My buddy put a 66 on his and loves it.

Not sure what to say but it looks good. I got mine a few months ago, replaced those crappy bars and stem with a shorter race face deablos stem and bars to match. I put a 2.5 tire in front. Pretty happy with it now, evetually I want a bolt on axle for the rear and maybe a beefer tire. The fox fork is good but could use another inch of travel, altough I have over shot some pretty big jump/drops and it sucked it up so I am going to keep it for now. My buddy put a 66 on his and loves it.
Ahh..My bars were schwag from XC Race...not sure what I'll run but I must admit I have been on a budget building this thing. (Took 5 months). I'll run 2.5's race day as well. I hear the 66's are improving. Bolt on axle is a good idea. Thanks fuzzy.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
let me know how those Mavic SX's turn out for you...I'm debating between those and deemax's, but I think dee's are over kill for me.

Will do. I see that Kona is tossing on the lighter Mavic Crossmax's on the Kona Dawg with 6" of travel. They must have some confidence in them to offer those wheels on their primo model. Or Mavic is in a world of hurt within the warranty dept for 2008. :twitch:

todd

Chimp
Feb 21, 2008
have you tried a Totem yet? I had one but got rid of it, altough it worked great I had nothing but problems with it as an air or oil fork.

Hey...So far the Totem is doing it's job and I'm impressed with it. I'm curious about the problems you've had. I have the Coil version. (No air-issues to deal with and that's what I prefer since I will travel out of state to race with this fork.)