Quantcast

giant stp

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
never got to test ride one till today. the bike has awesome geometry. the back end is soooo short: you can barely put two fingers in between the tire and the seat tube. if you love the quickness of bmx but on a 26", this may be the closest i've seen.

the kona shred and scrap were much harder to pull up on--they felt more like clunky cross country bikes.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I want to ride an STP sometime. Just wish they had horizontal dropout options.

Even my DOC felt long in the back, and that's a short backend, but that might just be because it's such a big bike.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
I love my STP. Not a single complaint from me about the geometry. I wish it had horizontal dropouts, but I have no problem with my STS chain tensioner either.

If you are thinking of buying one, stop thinking, and get it. If you want the true feel of a bmx bike with 26" wheels, look at the new Black Market Mob frames, but you can get the STP "FULL BIKE"for the same money as the Mob frame.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
with a brand-new SS chain, 36/16 worked. once the chain stretched though i would get occasional drops. i dig my rennen tensioner anyway.

Blockhead

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Stp's are def the best bang for the buck on the market, Im thinkin of pickin one up for diabloween

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I have mine set up 27/12 with a Rennen. 32/16 can work out, but it loosens up eventually, and is a bit light.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Thanks... I haven't touched any of my other bikes since winter. I did a 7ft wall drop to stair transfer the other day, and was shocked at how smooth it still was, even though it was a stair tranny. I only rode my Stinky for stuff like this before. This bike has made me a much more fluid rider.