Quantcast

Giant Team News.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Good news for Danny, the kid is a ripper and I hope he gets some good results this year.

Im guessing this is also the end of the Riffle/Chumba racing team. I'd thought that since he was putting his name to the team it was going to be a long term, or at least 2/3 season set up. I was obviously wrong

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
hmmm... Rando, Riffle and Hart. Seems like a pretty mixed bag. I wonder how that'll work out for them in terms of feeding off each other and learning new stuff. Hopefully it works out for them...

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Good news for Danny, the kid is a ripper and I hope he gets some good results this year.

Im guessing this is also the end of the Riffle/Chumba racing team. I'd thought that since he was putting his name to the team it was going to be a long term, or at least 2/3 season set up. I was obviously wrong
hey when a company like Giant asks you to ride for them on their WC team you better take the offer. they dont give to many people offers to ride on their WC team. plus if im not mistaken riffle was out there doing the WC scene on some of his own money.

im stoked to see what riffle can do with Giant backing him, i bet he will do a fair bit better at the races too since he wont be traveling alone and worrying about this and that. Go Riff.

As for Heart thats rad he got picked up i just hope the Giant mechanic can understand what heart says and how to set up his bike lol. Should be a good year both riders are rippers.

Tayrob

Monkey
Jan 3, 2008
Def. a mixed bag of riders...
Awesome to see another American backed by a full factory team.
Wonder if Benidict will be on the World Cup circuit or back to doing national stuff for '10?

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
I think the most surprising thing is who Giant has NOT signed since dating back to anyone post Myles Rockwell. That person's name is "Everyone in the top 10".
I had heard they were talking to some other big names for this season, but it looks like that has fallen through as those people have announced they are signing elsewhere or staying with current teams.

-KT

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Ya, the whole Giantnerd/DRR Racing is over. It'll be really cool to see how well he does on Giant though. Should be a good season for him, especially travel-wise.
Haha, don't know if anyone saw how he was traveling in the US last season but it was quite interesting :P

I really want to see him do really well this season. Got a good feeling about Riffle and Gwin :)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I think the most surprising thing is who Giant has NOT signed since dating back to anyone post Myles Rockwell. That person's name is "Everyone in the top 10".
What about the Athertons? I'm pretty Sure Warner was racing past Rockwell's retirement so that should kinda count ;)

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I was suprised to see Riffle on Giant as well. I am sure he will do much better with them. Better bike and a solid company to back him up.

The Chumba F4/5 is a POS.