Quantcast

Giant trance

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
Im an very intrged by the trance. Im mostly looking for the geomitry chart.

and rough spec on etither the trance 2 or 3 (I figure that one of thse will fit my budget) basicly what fork, rims, brakes, and cranks

my main plan is to race the bike (in sport class) but B.C XC couses can be very rough, and Im concened that the NRS will be too "hardtail like"

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Your concern is misplaced....... the NRS is by no means "hardtail like"

-S.S.-
:stupid: I am sure it is even better with a float than with the sid I had. I think a Swinger would be the cat's back.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
loco-gringo said:
:stupid: I am sure it is even better with a float than with the sid I had. I think a Swinger would be the cat's back.
You think? With it in the "no-sag" setup? I figured the design wouldn't really benefit from the new "stable-platform" stuff.

I've got a Cane Creek on the back of mine and it's a bit more forgiving than the SID was. Smoother and all...... now if I could just get rid of that annoying top-out clunking. :mumble:

-S.S.-

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
You think? With it in the "no-sag" setup? I figured the design wouldn't really benefit from the new "stable-platform" stuff.

I've got a Cane Creek on the back of mine and it's a bit more forgiving than the SID was. Smoother and all...... now if I could just get rid of that annoying top-out clunking. :mumble:

-S.S.-
A friend just put an older float on his and it apparently is a great deal nicer as a trail bike than it was with zero sag. I didn't mind mine much with a sid though. I also liked it better with a 4 inch fork up front.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
loco-gringo said:
A friend just put an older float on his and it apparently is a great deal nicer as a trail bike than it was with zero sag. I didn't mind mine much with a sid though. I also liked it better with a 4 inch fork up front.
Yeah - it probably would be quite a bit plusher in a "sag" setup with a SPV shock, I suppose. The SID was ok until it failed. I've got a Psylo up front and it's nice on the rough down stuff to stretch it out to 120mm. :thumb:

-S.S.-