Quantcast

Giant VT Fork Poll

Which of these two is best for a 150 LB XC Rider?

• Rock Shox Pyslo XC

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Manitou Minute One

Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have a bud who is about to buy a Giant VT2. These are his fork choices. I know squat about either... but I lean towards the Psylo because I see so many of them...

He weighs about 150 LBS and it will be on an 18" frame if that maters. No jumping, no hucking.

Thanks in advance... don't drive drunk. :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
much better with the swinger shock in the rear.

I have a 2003 Psylo SL and it is a good fork, but not a great fork.

I just put in an order for a Minute 3

The Minute 1 with it's dial for travel adjust is nice too.

My vote is for the Manitou.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
psylos blow chunks. I know nothing of the Minute, but it has to be better than that

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
I'm nearly the same weight, same size frame, but do jump and huck and aggresive trailride. I have an 02 Pslo SL that I'm replacing with a Minute 1 or a Fox 125rlc. The psylo, while on the light side for a 3-5" fork is NOT stiff and it kills me, almost literally. I've had good luck with the seals, but replaced under warranty the dampening cartridge (which still sorta sux). With thta in mind, if he's purely doing easy XC and keeps his stanchions clean and such, the psylo should do fine but I think the Minute is a better fork on paper. (too early to tell about otherwise.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by spincrazy
I'm nearly the same weight, same size frame, but do jump and huck and aggresive trailride. I have an 02 Pslo SL that I'm replacing with a Minute 1 or a Fox 125rlc. The psylo, while on the light side for a 3-5" fork is NOT stiff and it kills me, almost literally. I've had good luck with the seals, but replaced under warranty the dampening cartridge (which still sorta sux). With thta in mind, if he's purely doing easy XC and keeps his stanchions clean and such, the psylo should do fine but I think the Minute is a better fork on paper. (too early to tell about otherwise.
ditto there's nothin i could add here............