Quantcast

Ginsburg has died

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
The rest of the Supreme Court should go on strike demanding that the decision be made during the next administration.
I don’t think there is any power that could stop them from doing that.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
No I believe with absolute certainty that Trump and Moscow Mitch will ramrod a cretin thorough the Senate and onto the court before the election
as much as a pain in the ass the kavanaugh vote was....i doubt susan collins will fall on her sword and guarantee her losing her senate seat...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Said that in the middle of dinner when my watch buzzed. Killed the mood once I told everyone.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
No I believe with absolute certainty that Trump and Moscow Mitch will ramrod a cretin thorough the Senate and onto the court before the election
If so, I support and expect a court packing initiative to be put forth by the Democratic caucus. Given how partisan the Supreme Court has become, no single president (especially a single term president), should be able to shape 33% of the bench.

as much as a pain in the ass the kavanaugh vote was....i doubt susan collins will fall on her sword and guarantee her losing her senate seat...
Her only hope for re-election hinges upon her letting the next president nominate a justice. But given her record of flaccid stands, I don't have much hope.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Oh shit, super sorry to hear this.

This is bad on so many levels.
If trump gets someone in before the election you’re absolutely fucked.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Drumpf and turtle neck may legitimately put in Ted Cruz or Bill Barr in the supreme court. Which will mean that the court may decide the election (again) regardless of vote count.

I don't know about you but the end of our semblance of democracy is standing in our face, even more today than it was literally yesterday. And you and I both know vanilla isis isn't going to be nice about it on a local level.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Well she was kind of 500 years old and had kind of a cancer thing going on. Novichok is a little diffnt
This is the RBG cancer history I pieced together this summer:

RBG cancer:

- 1999 sigmoid likely adenocarcinoma, resected, neoadj chemorads
- 2009 pancreatic, unclear type, distal pancreatectomy + splenectomy
- 2018 two malignant lung nodules resected, unclear mets or primary
- 2019 pancreatic rads for local recurrence
- 2020 liver mets (?)

That she had radiation for a local recurrence of her pancreatic cancer suggests to me that it both was ductal adenocarcinoma primary. In turn this suggests that the liver lesions recently and the lung lesions in 2018 are pancreatic adenocarcinoma mets.

That there’s a long interval beteeen these episodes with presumably surveillance imaging along the way suggests a relatively good biology, as it were. NB: all this gleaned from publicly available articles, of course.

That's what I wrote in July. Good biology in this sense was in that she survived since 2009 after presumably pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma, which is beating the odds in and of itself.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I'll still for the life of me will never understand her friendship with scalia.
Scalia was complex, an ass but complex.

I sat with him at the Presidents Luncheon at Santa Clara University. Its a Jesuit University. it was graduation, my Aunt and Scalia were getting awarded Honorary Doctorates ,The Valedictorian was a woman and in her remarks she talked about womens and gay rights. When she finished only one man on the stage out of 50 stood to applaud. That was Scalia. When it became his turn to speak the first thing he did was chastise the other men on the stage for their disrespect. He said the ability to speak ones opinion freely in public is the foundation of our country. Whether you agree or disagree with a position when it is delivered in a well thought out and enunciated manner it deserves a modicum of respect. You gentlemen on the stage failed completely in that respect.

I believe it was comments like that and that RBG liked an intellectually challenging debate that engendered their friendship

I still think he was a morally bankrupt ass. And RGBs passing is a terrible loss for all of us. His not so much

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'll refrain from posting hours of interviews with that tool that lie in direct opposition to his desire to present himself as a fan of 'free and fair debate', particularly the shit around the 2000 election. "The intellectual stimulus of legal debate" falls flat when that asshole literally wrote law that killed people.

In the meantime................strap in. Fuckwit posts half generic words of praise but makes sure the meat of the matter gets included.

mcconnel.jpg

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I have nothing to add, except that I've ridden a few times with Sandra Day-O's son in AZ.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
If you do the South island first the roads and facilities in the North will be a pleasant suprise. Trailforks app is good resource here too.