Quantcast

Giove Velonews interview

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
There's an interview with missy over at Velonews. Nothing great but interesting in some spots.

http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/5945.0.html

Sometimes (well, all the time) Missy comes across a certain "way". Here's a good quote. I had a laugh at this one, thought it was pretty funny. Anyways, Missy on Anne-Caro:

"I mean, I was going to punch her out. I told her, 'Don't meet me in a dark alley because I'll knock you out. And guess what? Don't think I don't come from the street because I'll fight you like a dog.'"

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Charming. Bitter much because she was just plain inferior to ACC?

Originally posted by JRogers
There's an interview with missy over at Velonews. Nothing great but interesting in some spots.

http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/5945.0.html

Sometimes (well, all the time) Missy comes across a certain "way". Here's a good quote. I had a laugh at this one, thought it was pretty funny. Anyways, Missy on Anne-Caro:

"I mean, I was going to punch her out. I told her, 'Don't meet me in a dark alley because I'll knock you out. And guess what? Don't think I don't come from the street because I'll fight you like a dog.'"

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Thanks for posting that. Missy quotes always make me laugh. Especially that one in Outside Magazine about Marla Streb and Marla's bike computer... Missy said something like, "All I know is that if my wheels aren't square and I have a chain, I can win."

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Ha, that is some straight up hatin' if I have ever read any.
Give Missy a PHD for that.

Those chicks need counseling after AC owned them for so many years. Wow.
I think I will go around and threaten to field goal kick anybody who tries to beat me at the next local race.
Funny stuff.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I love it.

I used to argue with a buddy of mine about how he thought she was totally hot.

AZRacerX

Monkey
Mar 4, 2003
Kent, WA
Velosnooze published my email to them...

Great writeup on the Missile
Editor:
Thanks for the great write-up on Missy. She was one of the few "real" people in our sport who wasn't afraid to express her opinion, whether it was in popular favor or not.

Missy has been around for years and should be given credit (along with Shaun Palmer) for the growth of downhill mountain biking. Was she loved by all? Of course not. But she is well respected within the downhill community, even by those who did not personally care for her.

Regardless of what certain XC geeks think, we need more riders in our sport like Missy.

Chris Gil
Phoenix, Arizona

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Originally posted by AZRacerX
Velosnooze published my email to them...

Great writeup on the Missile
Editor:
Thanks for the great write-up on Missy. She was one of the few "real" people in our sport who wasn't afraid to express her opinion, whether it was in popular favor or not.

Missy has been around for years and should be given credit (along with Shaun Palmer) for the growth of downhill mountain biking. Was she loved by all? Of course not. But she is well respected within the downhill community, even by those who did not personally care for her.

Regardless of what certain XC geeks think, we need more riders in our sport like Missy.

Chris Gil
Phoenix, Arizona
Cool.:cool:

Oh, and in fairness to Missy, if you read the article, she does mention that she basically has "made up" with AC. I don't get the impression that Missy was just mad because she lost, moreso that AC was a biatch about winning. Missy does say that she gave up her hate and, though her and AC are not best buddies, they get aong okay.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Cool.:cool:

Oh, and in fairness to Missy, if you read the article, she does mention that she basically has "made up" with AC. I don't get the impression that Missy was just mad because she lost, moreso that AC was a biatch about winning. Missy does say that she gave up her hate and, though her and AC are not best buddies, they get aong okay.
Uh-huh....yeah... ACC was a biatch about winning. Missy also claims she wasn't all wrapped up in "racing". "It's just all about the riding man...grooooovayyy..." Um...not like I have first hand experience or anything but from the looks of her reactions on the OLN coverage over the years, she always looked pretty torqued about coming in second. It's easy for her now to say..."Oh yeah...it's all good...it was just about the riding for me".

somehow I just don't believe her. But hey, maybe I'm wrong.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
you're right...that is hypocritical of her. She's always the best double talker in the bunch.

Anybody who has ever seen her pull her helmet off after a race KNOWS she's "uber" competitive....just about the ride...that's like me saying...."No excuses":p :p :sneaky:

Mallet

Chimp
Originally posted by bizutch
you're right...that is hypocritical of her. She's always the best double talker in the bunch.

Anybody who has ever seen her pull her helmet off after a race KNOWS she's "uber" competitive....just about the ride...that's like me saying...."No excuses":p :p :sneaky:
I don't know. I tend to believe what she says in the article. I don't think she was all about the winning, because if she was, she would have taken the "racing line" more often instead of trying to prove that she could go "balls-to-the-wall" and go big all of the time.

I always enjoyed watching her, because she either won, or crashed and came in second!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Originally posted by Mallet
I don't know. I tend to believe what she says in the article. I don't think she was all about the winning, because if she was, she would have taken the "racing line" more often instead of trying to prove that she could go "balls-to-the-wall" and go big all of the time.

I always enjoyed watching her, because she either won, or crashed and came in second!
....still don't see it. There is NOBODY more competitive than Giove.