Quantcast

girl scout cookies

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I just bought a box of Thin Mints and a box of Samoas.

A Girl Scout came to my door selling them. I couldn't say no....not because I like the cookies, but because the kid was cute.

My wife does not eat chocolate, so these are all mine! :devil:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I dared Derek to tell the little girls at Safeway that he wasn't allowed to eat Girl Scout Cookies or he'd get a fat slobby gut.

He failed to take the dare...totally disappointing.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I Are Baboon said:
I just bought a box of Thin Mints and a box of Samoas.

A Girl Scout came to my door selling them. I couldn't say no....not because I like the cookies, but because the kid was cute.

My wife does not eat chocolate, so these are all mine! :devil:
Man..you mentiond my two favorites!!!

The boss lady brought in like 10 boxes of the stuff on Thursday....
But by Friday at 3pm - all boxes were empty....and all fingers point to the heavy coworker dood I was whining about in the lounge earlier :rolleyes:

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I Are Baboon said:
My wife does not eat chocolate
Do you like live in Bizarro world or something?!? Coincidentally, I had two boxes of those very same cookies a couple of weeks ago.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Heidi said:
I dared Derek to tell the little girls at Safeway that he wasn't allowed to eat Girl Scout Cookies or he'd get a fat slobby gut.

He failed to take the dare...totally disappointing.
Wimp!!!! :p That would have been priceless!!!

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
On our local news a girl scout in the expensive area of town sold 2 boxes to Oprah and she donated a whole whopping $16 to the girl scouts. Now you know why the rich stay rich.

My mom buys these everytime a girl scout comes around. I ended up with a box of shortbread cookies which I like but the thin mints are comming :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I hate Girl Scout Cookie season. Everyone at work with a daughter brings them around to sell GSC. Everyone in the neiborhood brings their daughters over to sell them. Everytime I go to the grocery store there are hordes of girls in green trying to sell me cookies. I have to say no to all of them or I would literally have 10,000 boxes of cookies I shouldn't be eating.

Spunger

Feb 19, 2003
I Are Baboon said:
Well in Oprah's defense, she is in a constant struggle with weight loss.
You should see the house she bought here, it was something in the range of 50 million I believe. Everyone who seems to have a butt-load of money has a home in Santa Barbara yet they can't donate more than $16 to a girl scout? I know she struggles with her weight but still. She has one of the most expensive homes in our area I wanna say.

I mean hell, she had an episode where her and Lance Armstrong rode around her property. You have to have a pretty big plot to "ride around" it.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Spunger said:
You should see the house she bought here, it was something in the range of 50 million I believe. Everyone who seems to have a butt-load of money has a home in Santa Barbara yet they can't donate more than $16 to a girl scout? I know she struggles with her weight but still. She has one of the most expensive homes in our area I wanna say.

I mean hell, she had an episode where her and Lance Armstrong rode around her property. You have to have a pretty big plot to "ride around" it.
So she only donated $16, she didn't have to donate any. Just because someone is wealthy doesn't mean they HAVE to donate anything to anyone.

Spunger

Feb 19, 2003
No but it just makes you think of how cheap some rich people are in their local towns they live in. It's like they go to dinner, you ever wonder how much they tip? Probably the bare min. if at all.

I'm ending this.......it was just kind of a joke at how much $$$ she has (and a load of others in the area) yet they probably are the cheapest people in the world (that's why they stay rich).

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Westy said:
I hate Girl Scout Cookie season. Everyone at work with a daughter brings them around to sell GSC. Everyone in the neiborhood brings their daughters over to sell them. Everytime I go to the grocery store there are hordes of girls in green trying to sell me cookies. I have to say no to all of them or I would literally have 10,000 boxes of cookies I shouldn't be eating.
We buy our GSC's from our friends daughters. We are big supporters of the Girl Scouts. The GS have turned out some of the best women I know, including the future Mrs Ciaran. We tell the girls at the supermarket that we have already bought many boxes from another Girl Scout. Usually they are glad that we supported the scouts even though we didn't buy from them.

Snacks said:
So she only donated $16, she didn't have to donate any. Just because someone is wealthy doesn't mean they HAVE to donate anything to anyone.
Nobody HAS to do anything... You shouldn't help others because you have to... you should help others BECAUSE YOU CAN.
Someone like Oprah would never miss 5000.00 dollars (Hell, she probably has shoes that cost more than that) but can you imagine how beneficial 5000.00 would be to the local GS troop? When you have been lucky enough to become mega rich you should give at least a little bit back.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Oprah saved Africa a few years back, she even cried for the camera.

Meanwhile back in the states, I only bought one box of Thin Mints this year and I ate the whole box in 2 days. :drool:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Westy said:
My office has a “no direct solicitation” policy. We are only allowed to leave the paperwork in the break room for people to sign up voluntarily. It works well.
But what really pisses me off is that they don’t fill the boxes anymore. When I want to inhale a box of Somoa’s, I want to know exactly how many I’m getting! Whoda thunk that the GS would adopt the old “we sell by weight, not volume” scam. Makes me think less of the GS, even though they do good stuff.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
sorry but when i saw the thread "girl scout cookies" i could only think of one response...
Our boy scout motto...
Save a cookie eat a girl scout

:eek:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
hooples3 said:
sorry but when i saw the thread "girl scout cookies" i could only think of one response...
Our boy scout motto...
Save a cookie eat a girl scout

:eek:
If thats how its gonne be, "I got kicked out of Cub Scouts for eating a Brownie."

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
dam i must be the only person here that cant stand thin mints, my girlfreind loves em, i hate em, they make me throw up, minty stuff is nastey..

I'M PISSED, I STILL HAVE'NT RECIEVED MY COOKIES, I WANT EM NOW, THE PEANUT BUTTER ONES ARE THE GREATEST, BOTH OF EM, DAM GIRL SCOUTS BRING ME MY COOKIES