Quantcast

Giro 2009 thread

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I dunno....I was hoping for a free live feed somewhere. I may buy it on cycling.tv. I tried to run their website through my PS3 so I could watch it on the big screen and it didn't work :(

<edit> I'm tipping Basso for the win with Levi winning a couple of stages. I think Lance will end up being super domestique for Levi

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Scott debuted their new TT rig at the TTT. If you look closely you can see the DA battery tucked under the seat

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Petacchi Sprint Win over Cavendish Vid

Unfortunately, RAI, did a wide pack shot exactly when Petacchi put his move down (real stupid too, considering they were 125 meters out when switched shots).

There was a turn there, and I bet Petacchi took a wide line and was able to keep his speed up.

BTW, there is something wrong when I hear American voices announce cycling. Liggett and Sherwin 4evah!

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
BTW, there is something wrong when I hear American voices announce cycling. Liggett and Sherwin 4evah!
:stupid:

Liggett and Sherwin do a lot better job...plus they are easily excitable which adds to the excitement:)

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
A: I follow it at work

So far on the race. Lance looks good for having a jacked up CB, Bummer that CVV is out, Loving DZ's paing job on the TT rear wheel.... captain america... awesome.

Looking for Levi to pull the win.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Lance Armstrong is really struggling in the Giro because ESPN says he finished
"well" back in the pack on a sprint stage.
I love when they cover cycling.:rofl:
He slipped from 3rd to 42nd and now 50th.

He's toast. Think of it this way: in the first 3 stages, a TTT and two sprint stages, there has been a total of 800 meters of elevation, and Lance can't even break the top 25.

What's going to happen when we get to mountains, when he can't sit in pack and has to really climb? Lantern Rouge, my man.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm only going electric when its bluetooth-compatible.

Maybe I will set up a webcam as well and control my shifting via a web poll.
I want automatic shifting after considering information from my powertap, HR monitor, cadence, blood sugar level, inclination, barometric pressure, saddle pressure and hemocrit.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
If I didn't have to shift all I would focus on was how much I was suffering...shifting provides a much needed distraction :)

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
He slipped from 3rd to 42nd and now 50th
what are you talking about?

velonews said:
1. Alessandro Petacchi (ITA) Lpr in 8:50:06
2. Tyler Farrar (USA) Grm in 8:50:14 at 0:08
3. Michael Rogers (AUS) Thr in 8:50:24 at 0:18
4. Thomas Lovkvist (SWE) Thr in 8:50:24 at 0:18
5. Lance Armstrong (USA) Ast in 8:50:37 at 0:31
<edit> aaahhh, you're talking about placing on the stage. He was caught in the crash, that's why he finished back

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If I didn't have to shift all I would focus on was how much I was suffering...shifting provides a much needed distraction :)
Snapped a shifter cable last weekend. All I could think about is how much I wanted to be able to shift.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
what are you talking about?

<edit> aaahhh, you're talking about placing on the stage. He was caught in the crash, that's why he finished back
Well, lets see if Petacchi can hold his lead the whole way into Paris.