Quantcast

Giro Switchblade - Where to buy?

Sep 28, 2004
Sweden
I've been looking for the Giro Switchblade agro-xc helmet all over the net. All that I have found are a few on ebay, but the sellers refuses shipping to Sweden where I live.

Does anyone here know a store that has got the Giro Switchblade in medium? The color doesnt matter.

I would be glad if I didnt have to pay the 1-2 years old retail price, but all suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance!
/cal in sweden

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
dont buy the switchblade, it's a dangerous helmet, Giro has stopped the production due to several injuries...when you fall, the moutpiece tend to break and rip your face out...

Sep 28, 2004
Sweden
What would you buy instead then?

The Met Parachute is too weak. Casco has got a model called Viper MX with a chinguard, but its not very nice looking. On the other hand it looks like a good helmet from a "protective point of view". I need a light well ventilated helmet with a chinguard for agro-xc trails in "technical terrain".

Are there any other alternatives?

I would probably need a real Fullface Helmet aswell when visiting Verbier and other places for DH-riding. Sorry for asking many questions in the same thread. But what FF-helmet has got the best ventilation for hot summerdays? It will probably be worn when doing urban rides and that kind of stuff aswell.

Thanks in advance!

/cal - the swede that just scratched his face on his SX Trail and needs some more protection!

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I have a 661 comp but I think it suck's for venting.
You should just get a Giro Mad Max, they are pretty cheap and vent really well from what my friends tell me.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Yeah, I'd second the Mad MAx. They are comforatable and pretty well vented. I looked at the Switchblade too, but even trying one on in the store it felt a bit flimsy. Just ride FF and ignore what the spandex crowd says.