Quantcast

Give me ideas for ways to re-use cat litter tubs

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
You could use them to carry camping supplies to and from a camp site.
Maybe they could be used as targets at the local shooting range.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Storage, cleaning bucket, car wash bucket, kids toys (see sand box), recycle them

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
On their side, they make a good hen hutch. (If you ever wanted chickens)

I store my used motor oil in them and I used one yesterday to carry tools on my roof. Square is better than round when you're on a 10" wide roof jack.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Use them for growing tomatoes on your back porch (not too late to plant this year at all).

Cut a hole in the lid and throw some old meat in there, and then bury it in a stream up to the lid. Crawdads cant swim up, and they'll go in after the food and get stuck. Eat the crawdads.

Keep one under your bed for those late night "emergencies" when you dont feel like walking all the way to the bathroom.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I use them to sit on to wrench at home. Actually, I have a Park stool now, but I could slide the bucket on tile just as well.

I also use them for fork servicing. It's nice and big for catching old oil.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I use them to coil rope in and cut a hole in the top to feed it out. Same for extension cords. Little compost bins (holes for air and drainage) Camp potty.
I have some stacked like blocks on a wood shelf to make modular storage bins.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Use them to store fine gravel in. This gravel could then be used for a cat's litter tray or something.

You could make the biggest spice rack on your block and use these to keep spices in.

Fish tanks. Not a very good idea, I realise.

If you were living in a small apartment, they would be good for growing vegies in on your balcony.

Fill them full of scissors. I saw some dudes at the airport doing this. It seemed a bit funny at the time.

Build a wall out of them and smash your car through it. Film this and post it up on RideMonkey.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
We use them for a variety of parts bins that we take to rides/races with us. They're great for storing car wash stuff and then use it when you wash the car. You could also make a seat out of vinyl for the top and store fishing gear in it then use it as a seat while you fish.

Spudzie

Monkey
Dec 13, 2001
Hebron, ohio
we use them for
: storing golf balls
: misc bike parts
: carring ur tools in from one area to another
: critter food in them
: potting soil storage
: storing old puter parts
: i have one in my room with my super nes sitting ontop of it