Quantcast

Glüten tåg

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
In back to back meetings, horrible meeting room chair, hungry, lots of bullshit.

But, black micarta Sebenza 31 arrived yesterday and it's real nice. Secus arriving tomorrow, shaft clamps later this week, hopefully.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
In back to back meetings, horrible meeting room chair, hungry, lots of bullshit.

But, black micarta Sebenza 31 arrived yesterday and it's real nice. Secus arriving tomorrow, shaft clamps later this week, hopefully.
Did you go for a large or small Sebenza? Have a small plain you wanna sell?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That small Sebenza looks like a good daily driver.
If you need something to abuse, the Benchmade mini bugout is roughly the same size and a whole lot cheaper.

The Sebenza and Inkosi are gorgeous knives, but I wouldn't subject mine to lots of abuse (not cause it can't handle it, but more because it's fuggin expensive).

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The Sebenza and Inkosi are gorgeous knives, but I wouldn't subject mine to lots of abuse (not cause it can't handle it, but more because it's fuggin expensive).
That's wrong thinking. The point of buying expensive toys is using them so they eventually break and you can replace them with even nicer ones. :brows:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
If you need something to abuse, the Benchmade mini bugout is roughly the same size and a whole lot cheaper.

I've got an ESEE Zancudo that ticks all the boxes for cheap abuser. I've been carrying it for a few months. Just put a fresh edge on it with the Lansky last night.

I used to be a Benchmade forever guy but the quality of their stuff has gone down over the years. I tried carrying a few ZT knives and other brands but finding that perfect fit is hard. The Benchmade 527 still is my all time favorite EDC. That hollow grind is a great slicer.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I've got an ESEE Zancudo that ticks all the boxes for cheap abuser. I've been carrying it for a few months. Just put a fresh edge on it with the Lansky last night.

I used to be a Benchmade forever guy but the quality of their stuff has gone down over the years. I tried carrying a few ZT knives and other brands but finding that perfect fit is hard. The Benchmade 527 still is my all time favorite EDC. That hollow grind is a great slicer.
I think Benchmade has had a bit of a resurgence lately. The mini Adamas is my go to for a hard use knife. It's reasonably light, quite stout, and the cru-wear is super sharp. I have a ZT 0562 which feels a bit large (sweet otherwise), and an 0566 which feels about perfect size wise, it's just heavy 6 oz.

I prefer my EDC to be in the 3 - 3.25" range; unfortunately most things these days seem to either be ~2.8" or leap to 3.5".

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just found out one of my neighbours donated $50 to the trucker occupation. I don't know whether to park in front of his house and lean on the horn for an hour, or follow him around and yell at him for not wearing a mask in public (as retribution, because that's what those dinks have been doing to us). I'm kind of surprised to be honest, caus' he's an old hippie and used to run the local community association. His wife died a couple of years ago. Maybe he's going senile and I should go easy on him?! Fucking asshole.

On another, happier note. I'm going to try and go for a ride with my buddies tonight. It'll be my first ride with them since the accident, and it'll be on my favourite trail. In the winter it's very much a flow trail, but that's probably exactly what I need at this point. It'll be one big climb, and one long-ish descent.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I wish the large Sebenza was a hair shorter, to be honest. I'd trade the large one for a mid-sized one if it existed in a heartbeat.
Same, they need to release a mid-sized model. The small is too small and the large is too large. In the meantime, I'll err on the small size as it's a bit more acceptable to carry vs the large.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
well hell, Pneumonia, Bronchitis and a pulmonary embolism are on the menu for this visit, I hope the food here is good because I may be here for a few days depending on how many gallons of meds they dump down the IV line.
Nice combo platter dude, heal up and pay close attention to what they are doing to you at the VA. Wouldn’t want to end up with a government funded boob job.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I think Benchmade has had a bit of a resurgence lately. The mini Adamas is my go to for a hard use knife. It's reasonably light, quite stout, and the cru-wear
They're making a killing on the mini bugouts.

Same, they need to release a mid-sized model. The small is too small and the large is too large. In the meantime, I'll err on the small size as it's a bit more acceptable to carry vs the large.
Yes the large looks too large and the small actually looks functional. Gorgeous knives! Counterfeits are out there too.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
XC/trail bike.....no inserts or cushcore xc or similar? Seems like a decent weight/protection trade-off, for a fatass...err....clydesdale such as myself.

Wheels are built and awaiting final tension/truing in the next few days, then tires are going on. Debating which way to go.... hoping to finish the bike up asap so I can just sit and look at it until there's no/minimal snow. Wheels/tires and brake bleeds are the only things left.

Last edited: