Quantcast

Glad we did the Taacoma mall thing saturday......

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Just saw there was a shooting spree at the mall today. The guy even took hostages in one of the record stores I stopped in... That woulda sucked if we decided to go today.....

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
That's if you're not into gunfire. It might have been pretty cool too. It's all about perspective. Never good when innocent people get hurt though. Sorry to hear about that. :(

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Tenchiro said:
and Tacoma
and that's among the many reasons I moved from Spokane. For example, there being a shootout behind my friend's house and finding bullets lodged in his walls, or no cops being able to respond to a break-in because the ENTIRE FORCE is at a shootout. Good times.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Ha, we had just got done riding yesterday afternoon and one of the riders lives in T-Town...I was jokin' around with him about icking it is down there...then we heard the news. I felt bad after that:(

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
On the radio some mall employee (sounded like a young woman) said she couldnt beleive somthing like this would happen in Tacoma.

:think:

All I could do was laugh. Come on lady, do you not LIVE IN TACOMA? Or has Tacoma cleaned up it's image? Atleast to fool newbies.....

I mean am I off? It was gansta back before I was in Highschool.(graduated in '93) :eek: :)

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
RhinofromWA said:
On the radio some mall employee (sounded like a young woman) said she couldnt beleive somthing like this would happen in Tacoma.
She's obviously never seen an episode of COPS. Isn't Tacoma/Pierce County where the show is based out of?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
riverside73 said:
She's obviously never seen an episode of COPS. Isn't Tacoma/Pierce County where the show is based out of?
yea, infact, I think it's Lakewood that actually banned the show cops from filming because the show was giving their town a bad image..:rolleyes:

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
FatalExposure said:
Don't know if any of you remember this one, but it is legendary in the
2nd Ranger battalion.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/htoped.shtml
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only part I remember was america's finest having a shoot-out with gang members/drug dealers and they didn't hit anyone? I mean trained killers and no one got hit????
"a decade ago when 10 Army Rangers exchanged hundreds of rounds in a shootout with reputed drug dealers"
Hundreds of rounds and they didn't hit one!!!

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
RhinofromWA said:

:think:

All I could do was laugh. Come on lady, do you not LIVE IN TACOMA? Or has Tacoma cleaned up it's image? Atleast to fool newbies.....

I mean am I off? It was gansta back before I was in Highschool.(graduated in '93) :eek: :)
I was seriously shocked to hear it wasnt gang related! :nuts: The news showed the guy who did the shooting and he looked fresh out of church. :thumb:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Langer said:
I was seriously shocked to hear it wasnt gang related! :nuts: The news showed the guy who did the shooting and he looked fresh out of church. :thumb:
It is always the crazy white guys that shoot up places and stick around to get caught. LOL

Atleast gangters get the hell out of there. :eek: I still haven't seen a picture....but I ehard on the radio that he was a white guy. :) Heart broken or something. "now they will feel my pain...." *whatever*

Fry him.

Rhino

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
trailhacker said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only part I remember was america's finest having a shoot-out with gang members/drug dealers and they didn't hit anyone? I mean trained killers and no one got hit????
"a decade ago when 10 Army Rangers exchanged hundreds of rounds in a shootout with reputed drug dealers"
Hundreds of rounds and they didn't hit one!!!
The rounds were fired in one large volley into the structure adjacent, and if they had intended to kill anyone they certainly would have.

This is taken from an account of that incident:

One day that September, Foulk and others on the block decided to have a barbecue to unify the neighborhood against the drug dealers. Throughout the day, a group of men drove by his home repeatedly and told the party to break it up and leave. They threatened to burn Foulk's house down if they didn't.

"We knew there was the potential to get ugly," Foulk recalls. "We decided we were going to stand our ground and not be pushed out."

He called friends in the battalion for backup. They brought their own weapons - semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns - all legal. Parents sent their children elsewhere.

They sketched out a plan using army tactics; Foulk pointed out the "friendlies," his neighbors' homes, and the enemy, the drug dealer's place. Foulk armed himself with a 9 millimeter.

"Don't shoot anybody if you don't have to," he told the Rangers.

Twenty minutes after 9 p.m., someone fired the first shot. Hundreds more followed. In the end, no one was hurt, and no one was charged with any crime. But those 10 minutes made Hilltop national news.

"In retrospect, it was the best thing to happen," says Henry, the police officer. "It brought attention to the neighborhood that something had to be done."

Quote:
For more than 10 minutes, 300 rounds were exchanged before police arrived

Quote:
The former Army Ranger, who still wears his hair closely cropped, laughs almost sheepishly when he talks about the gunfight and the attention it had wrought on his block.

The battalion commander of 2nd Batt did chew everyone's a$$ for such poor marksmanship afterwards. Very tongue in cheek of course as everyone was very proud that they stood up to the gang bangers.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Turns out that one of my friends at school knows some of the people there at the time, and possibly one of the people that was shot. Will try to remember to update...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
FatalExposure said:
"Don't shoot anybody if you don't have to," he told the Rangers.

Why would you shoot a gun at someone if you don't intend to kill them or even hit them for that matter?