Quantcast

Glass art

badphish

Monkey
Feb 28, 2008
I've been meaning to post these in here for a while. I started working with warm glass (kiln fused glass) a few years ago. These are a few of the things I've made.

Bike related:
10" plate

I found this bike in the woods where we are building some trails

Wall piece I installed yesterday. It is for our sister company, who we buy our glass from. All they asked is to include as many of the different glass colors they sell. It will eventually have lighting behind it.

I have many more pics of other stuff but they're kind of scattered around everywhere. I'll post more as I come across them and get them organized in one place.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I'm always impressed by artists who have skills and talent I wished I had. Those who cant produce can always collect. :)

The wife and I are very interested in art glass, as we are not a museum and have limited space, we tend to focus on Italian art glass from the 60s & 70s. We thought about collecting Higgins fused commercial art glass but it goes too high!

badphish

Monkey
Feb 28, 2008
^I had never heard of the Higgins before. They have some amazing stuff. Definitely expensive, but somewhat knowing what's involved to make stuff like theirs I can understand.

Here's a bike I just finished. A woman saw one of my bikes in a studio and asked me to do something with her daughter's old bike. I took these pics in my garage. The bracket under the seat is bigger than the ones I actually use, but it was already mounted.