Quantcast

glasses

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
after strectching my arms out as far as they would go.
i finally had to break down and get em for reading.

now the tv stays off more than ever.

thankfully i look way down the trail when i ride.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
I wear glasses for distance (usually includes tv, night driving, lecture halls, concerts...). No pics though, sorry. I look like a major dorkster and hate wearing them. I wish I could get contacts, but I have a very intense fear of things near my eyes. I can only dream...

Jul 26, 2006
Get The Lenses That Contrast To The Light Your In
You Know They Get Darker When Its Brighter. They Are Totaly Worth The Extra$

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
I wear glasses to see... period. Can't see a foot in front of me w/o them.

Riding bikes with them is a PITA... but I deal with it. For DH riding, I wear Scott OTG goggles with clear Winter-type double-lenses.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I wear glasses to see far away things. They do kind of suck for riding, but contacts are far worse. You need to find a good optometrist who knows how to fit glasses to your face. Mine rarley get loose, wich is very nice.

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
antimony said:
I wear glasses for distance (usually includes tv, night driving, lecture halls, concerts...).
i have sam problem need them for driving a car, and only for that i only need them for distance but i am looking to get some cool frame i was looking something like Edgar Davids wear:
(info -- he is soccer player)
what do you think?!

and yes what about riding abike how do you handle , are any problems with googles ?!

like this

EDIT-------maxyedor-----i was today in "glasses shop " and they have only usual common glasses, you know geek glasses :rofl: :)

NapalmCheese

Monkey
May 16, 2006
Los Gatos
I wear contacts most of the time, glasses when I'm too lazy to put the contacts in...

Contacts were the best thing ever for me. Finally a way for me to see while I'm surfing and riding my bike without having to worry about losing my glasses or having them fog up. Plus, it gives me a chance to wear a whole range of $5.00 sunglasses from the Safeway (which is good, becuase I lose sunglasses all the freaking time).

Riding with them isn't bad, just make sure you are wearing sunglasses or clear glasses when you get going downhill. It sure is nice not to have anything fog up on you while you go uphill though.

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
I have a farsighted right eye and a nearsighted left eye. My right eye is lazy too, my depth perception sucks. Aside from that my vision is decent, I wear perscription glasses/sunglasses while riding and driving because I have to work harder to focus without them.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I pretty much got the shaft in the eye department. I wear glasses for everything - my scrip is about a -10.5 at this point. (For perspective, most good sunglass manufacturers don't make prescription lenses that are even half as strong as what I need.) Plus, I am totally blind in my left eye, so I don't really have depth perception.

I have to tell people all the time: Don't follow my line. :wonky2:

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
no pics of me but these are the Oakleys I wear:

"blender 2.0"

"monster dog"

"race jacket"

My prescription is only -1 but Oakley has the best lenses of anything I've ever tried. The 'persimmon' lenses in my mtb glasses cut the blue of the HID light and make it a perfect halogen color for night riding too. They also clear and keep clear of fog like none other I've tried.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
bjanga said:
My right eye is lazy too.
Have you tried to motivate it using a 'tough love' approach? Going as far as kicking it out, unless it shapes up, might be just the thing it needs...

MD

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
MikeD said:
Going as far as kicking it out, unless it shapes up, might be just the thing it needs...
It is worthless. One day I am going to use it as part of the blowoff assembly when I add high speed compression adjustments to my fork.

I wish I lived in Europe. Driving with weak peripheral vision and poor depth perception on my right side is scary.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I wear Oakley O2 for glasses, Juliets for sunglasses, and contacts for my Specialized Singletracks.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Downhiller said:
RhinofromWA - - -- -- what about googles ? any problems with them ?!

i mean i dont need contacts because i have same problem like antimony so dont need contacts but just curious about googles
I suffer with fogged googles when I have too....mostly just for dusty conditions. They are on my Hbars as soon as I stop. :D

Those are the low $$$ Oakleys on my head....I won them at a motorcycle event. I haven't really tried OTG (over the glasses) goggles. 90% of the time I just suffer without goggles and use my glasses with an anti fogging treatment.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
antimony said:
I wish I could get contacts, but I have a very intense fear of things near my eyes. I can only dream...
If I can wear contacts then anybody can get them? It was pretty tough for a few days but I got over it.

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
god dambn here are mine i just get from store..

EXALT CYCLE EXPLOSIVE

price with prescription lenses is huge 350 $

pics:

i just cant get used wearing them its so weird , hard to walk i dont even think riding in them its hard to walk so just weird,,,