Quantcast

Glory Holes

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Thats what I thought. Im looking for a sub 600g pedal like a Easton Flatboy, Atomlab Air Corp, Syncros Mental Alloy, etc. The Syncros Mental in SS is 800g. Thats 1/2 pound heavier.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
If you want somgething really light, chect out the Wellgo MG-1. Magnesium body, sub 400g, I think.
Definitely not a freeride / huck pedal, but might work for you depending on your style and how big you go.

-r

Kanter said:
Thats what I thought. Im looking for a sub 600g pedal like a Easton Flatboy, Atomlab Air Corp, Syncros Mental Alloy, etc. The Syncros Mental in SS is 800g. Thats 1/2 pound heavier.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
B-boy said:
haha, do you know what that phrase actually refers to? If you look it up on google you'll find out pretty fast... what an aweful name for a bike product
i think his 'phrase' was purely coincendental ;)... seriously, i can think of better ways to spend 120 bones...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
B-boy said:
haha, do you know what that phrase actually refers to? If you look glory holes up on google you'll find out pretty fast... :eek: what an aweful name for a bike product
you know any of the Williams Lake riders?

hmmm..."glory hole" is now forever blackened by the google image search.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I talked to Andy and he doesn't know the weight. Why don't you call Gerald as I told you he even has the silver ones in stock and I am sure he could give you the wieght.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I called Gerald and he didn't know the weight of the Glory Holes. He said he will check and I can call him back this afternoon.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
If thats the case Ill get them. Gerald will know tomorrow. He thought they were in the 800 range.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Well, Gerald said the GH weighs 1.75 lbs so 797g. It didn't sound like he weighed them. It sounded like he just guessed or used a inaccurate scale. Anyway, thats too heavy for a pair of pedals considering a normal set weighs 400-500g. A whole lb heavier is a lot. Im trying to lighten up the bike not make it heavier.

DS Dom

Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Denver, Co
ill throw mine on a gram scale tonight or tomorrow, i remeber 600g b/c i thought they added about 1/2 a pound to what i was running before.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Kanter said:
A whole lb heavier is a lot. Im trying to lighten up the bike not make it heavier.
Then you should be looking at different pedals. Stuff is built strong not light.

Campy

Chimp
Oct 22, 2004
NYC Freeride is making New Glory Holes that will be lighter , just wait or pick up the Lenosky's.
Or even beter wait for th Race Pedal , coming soon!

Nov 27, 2004
brooklyn new york
menachite said:
The Lenosky Pedals look exactly the same as the Race pedals...except no center pins and the pins don't screw into inserts. They grip real well too in all sorts of conditions.
The lenosky's do not look the same as the Race pedal they are octagonal in shape with no stainless steel inserts just set screws.
Also the weight is about 600 grams.
2005 version will much lighter.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
DS Dom said:
ill throw mine on a gram scale tonight or tomorrow, i remeber 600g b/c i thought they added about 1/2 a pound to what i was running before.
Hey let me know. Thanks a lot. Gerald just said... well about 1.75 lbs. Thats not too exact. I was just wanting the weight in grams.

menachite

Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
The All American Valley
andynycfreeride said:
The lenosky's do not look the same as the Race pedal they are octagonal in shape with no stainless steel inserts just set screws.
Also the weight is about 600 grams.
2005 version will much lighter.
Well you should know shouldn't you. The ones pictured above look like the Lenosky pedals I bought...sans the center pins and the pin inserts.

Got a picture of the Lenosky pedals for everyone Andy?

DS Dom

Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Denver, Co
Andy,
Nice to see you step in and let everyone know whats really up. A lot of people were confused about the diffrence between these 2 pedals. Im also hoping you got some cool things coming out for next season.

there stuff is really nice but to $$$
Yes it is $$$ but its money well spent. They are the only pedals that have lasted me a full season, and they are still as functional as they were the day i got them. Last season i think i went through 1 set of eastons and 2 sets of wellgo mags. I'm as much of a weight weenie as anyone else on this board and i was very skeptical when i first got these pedals. But after riding them for a season i doubt i would ride anything else.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Kanter said:
Well, Gerald said the GH weighs 1.75 lbs so 797g. It didn't sound like he weighed them. It sounded like he just guessed or used a inaccurate scale. Anyway, thats too heavy for a pair of pedals considering a normal set weighs 400-500g. A whole lb heavier is a lot. Im trying to lighten up the bike not make it heavier.

Well, I thought that Gerald guessed on the weight so I emailed Andy at NYC Freeride directly. He told me about 600g. So I emailed him back and asked if that was a guess or did he actually weigh them. He emailed me again and said he guessed and said they are strong pedals and he didn't know the weight. What what a bunch of BS just for a weight of a pedal. Plus, great customer service..... :mumble:

Campy

Chimp
Oct 22, 2004
Kanter said:
Well, I thought that Gerald guessed on the weight so I emailed Andy at NYC Freeride directly. He told me about 600g. So I emailed him back and asked if that was a guess or did he actually weigh them. He emailed me again and said he guessed and said they are strong pedals and he didn't know the weight. What what a bunch of BS just for a weight of a pedal. Plus, great customer service..... :mumble:
Dude are you kidding me...... maybe you should lighten up yourself. :D

If you want a light piece of crap that your foot wont stick to and will loose its pins and possibly break entirely after the first rock you clip then go for it.
But you do realize your going crazy over a weight difference that you will never notice while your riding. Honestly......

If you are after a product that can help you ride better , look better, and last forever this is it.

Customer Service at NYC Freeride is no doubt the best you can possibly get. I have seen it first hand and many others out there can back that up.
The fact that the owner and creator has answered a email of yours is impressive to me. The fact that he even told you he guessed and did not lie about the exact weight is better.

The design and craftsmanship on any of these products are impeccable.

you will see.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I didn't mean to come off mad. I just think its funny no one can get a weight. How hard is it to put a pair of pedals on a scale? Almost every website has weights now-a-days. It would be nice to just get a weight. A 1/2 lb difference in weight just for pedals is a lot. People go to Ti springs on shocks and in forks just to lose a 1/2 pound. People make decisions on forks over 1/2 lb. People even make decisions on 1/2 lbs on frames. Im not saying everyone does or even that I do but some riders do.

I am trying to build a lighter bike that I can trail/FR/DH so weight is a concern. I thought the GH might just be a middle ground, weight wise, pedal that I could run. I dont want a 400g pedal and definately dont want a 800g pedal.

Oh and by the way I am trying to lighten myself up, too. ;)Ive lost over 20 lbs, down from 208. Im shooting for 170-175 for next season.

Nov 27, 2004
brooklyn new york
Kanter said:
First let me start by saying that I don't have an accurate scale around and rather than give you some b.s. info like some other companies do I was honest and said that I didn't know the weight.
I also offered a different model more towards your concerns.
You have been the only person yet to make such a stink about the exact weight.
I cannot justify spending a couple hundred dollars on an electronic scale to be EXACT for one POSSIBLE customer.
And what about customer service?
I was honest and replied right away to your request.
You could ask anybody that knows me or my company and they all will say the same thing that I'm really informative about everything that has to do with my product and really helpful with problems or issues!

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Methinks that in order to be competitive in the high-end MTB components marketplace, a manufacturer would want to know and advertise the weight of their products.
I see a LOT of discussions about complete bike and component weights on this board.
As far as I can tell, only the most hardcore shuttle-only BigDrop-huckers and maybe some DJers don't care about weight.

And are electronic scales really hundreds of $$? I bet one could buy 2 nice scales for the price of one pair of NYCFreeride pedals...

-rob in Brooklyn.