Quantcast

glory sizing

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
the glory is another one of the bikes on my "list" that im looking at for 2009, seen as commencal isnt going to work out for me

i'm 6ft tall

the sizing seems very strange on glorys, the TT length between the M and L is huge. i rode a L glory this year for about 2 minutes down the road and felt very stretched out. but i just came off a L/XL supreme dh (2008) which i think may of been a bit cramped for me.

the M size is 2cm shorter on the top tube measurement compared to my old commencal, so i feel it may be too small/cramped for me.

is the large going to be too large? any one on here riding a large at 6ft or under?

thanks

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
Hey bud Im 6'6 and i love the feel of the large. I would say if you want something to whip around easier then got med, if not and you feel you can do it on a large bike then go large..

By the sounds of it you want the Medium..

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
6'6 is pretty huge, do you have a longer stem to accommodate? because i think if it feels good to you then maybe it will be too large for me

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I'm 6'1"-6'2" depending on when you measure me, I had a large glory 0 with a 40mm stem and it was pretty rad, very stable. It wasn't really easy to whip around, but I'm glad I got a large.

My riding buddy is about the same height, has a large glory DH, and he likes it alot. It feels pretty similar to mine with a couple angle tweaks (slightly lower BB, slacker, but basically the same as far as sizing) - it feels pretty spot on for both of us.

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
well i am riding a medium.. i am 5ft 9" and my friend is 6" and also rides a medium.. im very comfy on it, same as my friend i believe..

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
May or may not help. I am 5'11" with long arms. Like someone 6'1" easy. I ride a Med and it fits me fine. Running a 50mm Stem also. Yes its a big jump from the Med to L in sizing.

Good luck as you will like the Glory if you get one.

Cecil

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
the tt length on the M glory is 22.3 inches where as the commencal is 23, i feel this is going to feel pretty cramped, but the L glory has a TT length of 25.4(!) and i feel it may be too long

i was looking at a sunday and the tt length on the M is 23.5 which i think would be perfect, but 1600gbp for frame only compared to a glory at 1300 with shock incl x.9 der and shifter and thomson seatpost means its not a great option.

maybe i just have to take a plunge and hope i choose right?

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
LOl yeah Im pretty huge ;-) (wink) lol

Er yeah i run a sunline stem, so its short, but Im weird i roll my bars forward..lol just feels comfortable..

Go med bud, think will fit you good..

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
Go med bud, think will fit you good..
yeah im moving towards it, the new commencal is 23.7 inch TT length in the L/XL and it felt pretty big (for me) rideable for sure but big. and 25.4 for the L i think will be too much for me

i dont 1.7cm is going to make much of a difference, right?

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny
I'm 6 foot 1 and the Medium Glory would be my pick. A medium-large like Rando and Cavalier's bikes would be ideal, because the large is just ridiculously big.