Quantcast

Gloveless You Say? kidwoo's Guide To Bltchin' Grips

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Anyone try Rev grips with a little rotation laterally? One riding buddy swears by then for arm pump.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Yes. They're fucking horrible.
manny's are scary with stupid grips that rotate.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
@Gary you didn't report back re fabric magic grips. You still using them? I bought a pair because they are really cheap over here. They have been ok so far. Previously, my go to grips have been the affordable single lock-on Shimano Pros because I place the outer part of my palms at the ends of the handlebars. I had to readjust with the magic grips because their shape.
Yeah. sorry. I hated them. so took them straight back off. so couldn't really give any meaningful feedback.
This was because I also hold on to the outside of my grips and the bulged section on the Fabrics bulges in a less than ideal position for me. I didn't want to re-adjust as I have tons of bikes and most have Sensus grips now.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Anyone try Rev grips with a little rotation laterally? One riding buddy swears by then for arm pump.
I have a set of practically brand new Rev Pros if you're interested. Medium and Large grips, one ride on each. They do what they say, but I like lot of padding under my palm. Diameter of the mediums was good but not enough padding. Padding was good on the larges but diameter was too big.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
They don't rotate rotate really, just dampen vibrations really well. Helped me with injured thumb pain a lot, love them.

Disclaimer: I don't manny anywhere near close to Gary.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
When you lean back or pull to lift the front (mannys, hops etc.), or push/rotate your hands to raise/level the rear (bunny hops) they totally do rotate. and the movement and feeling of disconnection while holding a manual is hellish.
I actually obliterated a set when I wrenched on them just bunny hopping the bike in the street. The inserts got spat out the outer collar. Sorry but you couldn't pay me to use them.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Yeah, the rotation isnt the problem. For me it was the actual grip comfort that i didnt get along with. Arent you in colorado and have an ebike? Come on up to fort collins and ill just give you my pair. (Not to rain on djjohnr)We should ride. I ended up buying that scott genius ebike. Its freakin sweet. I guess i should post it in the new bike thread...