Quantcast

Gloves

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
Hey I Was Just Wondering What Do You Guys Think Are The Best Carbon Knuckle Gloves Out In The Market, Or Do You Think Carbon Fiber Gloves Is Just A Waste Of Time, And Money.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Whats with the capitals on every word? I can't help but overly pronouce every word when i read that.

I have two sets of carbon gloves, Oakleys and Impacs. The Oakley are bling, and not even close to wortht he money. The impacs are damn cheap, comfy, and designed well. Did I mention cheap?

Check out a set of those if you can find em.

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
a friend of mine has the sixsixone gracia carbons and theve held up pretty good, there on the expensive side, but personally i dont see the need for a carbon glove, they seem to just hinder mobility and feel uncomfortable(the ones ive worn anyway)

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
I have the TLD and the Gracia carbon knuckle gloves. Overall I like the Gracia's better cause the palm is thinner for better feel. Might be because the TLD's are actually made for Supermoto. Personally I see the need for sportbiking because I wore half way through the knuckles on some AlpineStar's in a crash, but I don't think any bike crash is going to cause long sliding abrasions.. Might protect your knuckles if you hit a rock square on, but I usually do that with my palm because I'm a retard that ends up sticking out an arm..

stuntmatty

Thnikkaman
Oct 2, 2003
Bike Hater Central
Carbon knuckle gloves aren't worth the extra $$$ but I like them anyway for the bling factor.

I have the 661 CG's and the Oakleys. The 661s are durable and priced within reason, but I've never had a pair of gloves fit as well as the Oakleys. Not worth the cash unless you can get them at cost like I did. The palm is mesh and the first time you unexpectedly dismount....RRRRRIP.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
what about dainese
and also i know carbon fiber aren't usually worth the money but there are som cheap ones out now and i can't fin any 01-02 sidwinders those are the only gloves i would get other than carbon fiber gloves

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
If you really feel you need the protection of carbon fiber knuckled gloves, go for it. I think basic gloves are okay. WIth gloves, there isn't much of "these perform the best" or anything. Gloves are pretty much a personal preference on fit,comfort,durabilty,grip...

I have some answers I got at a race and they work very well.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
sayndesyn said:
Might protect your knuckles if you hit a rock square on, but I usually do that with my palm because I'm a retard that ends up sticking out an arm..
hey biatch, i m the farkin genious sitting here with a broken wrist :(

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
yeah that sounds good but what kind of gloves have the best grip in your preference, anyone?

Zia Monkey

Chimp
Nov 12, 2004
I like the Specialized Fortress. I picked some up on sale (probaly the only reason I bought them) and they have enough padding in the palm to keep things from getting numb. They have saved me a time or two.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
zmtber said:
what about dainese
and also i know carbon fiber aren't usually worth the money but there are som cheap ones out now and i can't fin any 01-02 sidwinders those are the only gloves i would get other than carbon fiber gloves
I like the Dainese ones - If you like the old Sidewinders (Good choice by the way - I love those - I have a pair after I found a guy who had a load of stock at a trade show - They are totally awesome gloves - How did they make the new ones worse?) you'll probably like the Dainese as I find they fit in the same sort of way as the Fox do. Plus they're Dainese so you get the uber-cool factor.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
i would just go with the regular glove they fit better and give you all the protection you really need but if you are going to spend more money go with the rockgardns 06

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I like the BMW's (even though I had problems on a return), and the XL's fit me perfect, but a friend of mine hated the fit...

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
The guantlet glove is the same as the impac ones. Great gloves, but a little loose in the palm.

I have the Rex helmet, and I love it. I will be posting the review this week on it.

MarsB

Chimp
Aug 17, 2005
Morgantown WV
I just picked up a pair of the Kona Cowans. Just the outer two knuckles are CF, so it isn't stiff or bulky. Great breathibility, grippy yet thinly padded palm w/kevlar reinforcement. I'm definitely liking mine so far.

Attachments

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Get Rockgardn Fate gloves!!! They have awesome mobility, are cheap, and are durable. Plus, they offer tons of protection. They're the only gloves I'll ride.

DH SB RIDER

Monkey
Aug 31, 2005
Santa Barbara
carbon is what all the cool kids these days use....there like well (scientificley saying) like a 24 on the sicter scale so ya in olther words three cooll......ask trevor about what carlen uses.....by those ..... carlens manager thinks that the sumashines are the best.....i have his number....so do u buddy