Quantcast

Glucosamine & Chondroitin

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I used to take it when I was playing basketball frequently. It really helped my knees out.

Quitting basketball helped a lot more, but the Glucosamine did make a difference for me. I haven't taken it lately, most of the stuff I'm doing (cycling, surfing, ice hockey) is pretty low impact on my knees.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
yeap take it, it will help rebuild the cartilage in your knees. you can find it at almost any GNC.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Heidi - I don't use the stuff yet but when the time comes I probably will. Many of the older runner's in my club, who have abused their knees on the road for 30 and 40 years, swear they would no longer be running without it. For a time I used it for preventive measure when I was not experiencing any type of joint pain. After about a week I noted 4 LBS of weight gain with no real explanation, I stopped using the stuff and was back to normal in 2 days. I've never heard of this before though.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
OK so except Seriel Midgets unexplained PMS weight gain, nobody has anything bad to say about the stuff?

Thanks.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Pulser955
Ware can i get this stuff. I have really messed up knees. Any thing that can hellp wold be nice.
Vitamin/nutrition stores, drug stores, Henry's/whole food stores...

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by Heidi
OK so except Seriel Midgets unexplained PMS weight gain, nobody has anything bad to say about the stuff?

Thanks.
I don't like the taste of the capsule.....but I'm the kind who chew on pills/capsules/tablets so it maybe an isolated problem:devil:

Loo is the biggest Gluc & Chond whore....

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Orven
I don't like the taste of the capsule.....but I'm the kind who chew on pills/capsules/tablets so it maybe an isolated problem:devil:

Loo is the biggest Gluc & Chond whore....
go and buy some capsules, grind up the gluc pills and pour the powder in the capsule......simple as that :p

Aight!
Hear Ye, Hear Ye,.....court is in session..............

This stuff works!
Glucosamine\chondroiten, and MSM are 2 products marketed as joint health suplements. I happen to think it works, you may or may not.

I do take it regularly and i do recomend it.

And while i'm at it. I would like to preach about the benefits of another suplement called Emer'gen-C. It comes in various flavored individual serving packets that is an enrgy booster. It is basically a 1000mg dose of vitamin-C but there is a catch.

The dose is in powdered ascorbate form. IE, it fizzes like alcaselser. Ascorbate is the most efficient way for your bod to absorb vitamin-c. So you don't pea it out. Also doesn't make you jittery. High in potassium too. Has 32 mineral complexes.

But theres more. Emer'gen-C now available with Glucosamine\chondroiten or MSM!!
2 birds with one stone i say.

check out www.alacercorp.com

My favorite flavor is Super Orange, Tangerine, & cranberry.
Found in most health food stores but with the gluco. and MSM, only online.

Pass the word......................................................................:thumb: :)

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by LOOnatic
Of course of course!
Why else are NASCAR drivers the most elite and superior athletes on the face of the earth. Driving in circles is a much under appreciated art around here........;)
not around dez parts dey ain't :devil: :D those guys are pretty ****in bad ass, i wish i could drive a car at that speed w/ how close they are to each other. freaks me out just watchin it......

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
As far as negatives go I've heard from very reliable sources ( a guy whose getting his PhD in Excercise Physiology) that you would pretty much have to take the stuff for the rest of your life...kinda like hormone supplements they give to old folks. Or else your joints will eventually return to the state they were in before you took the stuff.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by Acadian

Got bottles and bottles of prescription drugs from the doctor, but didn't take any.

got any pricetags on those will-never-be-used pain killers???? :D

drugstore cowboy....heeeha!!

largerthan9

Monkey
Dec 10, 2002
you can pick it up at COSTCO for pretty cheap compared to the price at a health food store.I have jacked up knees(snowboarding) and really bad shoulders(motorcycle/DH bike) and glucosamine and chondriotin make a big difference in the level of my joint comfort. when I started taking it it was like lubing my rusty joints with TRI-FLOW! no more creakey shoulders and knees