Quantcast

Glucosamine/Condroitin

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Anybody on this crap? Do you have a recommended brand? Did it work?

The vitamin thread got me thinking...i've started increasing running mileage and training, it would be nice to have some spry joints to go with it.

splat

Nam I am
Yes I take it every day. I started taking it about 5 years ago , when I hurt one of my Knees , it didn't help that Knee , but it helped the other kneee which was always sore. and this past november I ran out , and Well I just kept forgetting to get more and after about a month My knees were really hurting me going up and down stairs , So I fianlly got some more and started taking it again, after about 2 weeks my knees were no longer bothering me. ( and I have repeated that More then once ) Its not a cure all but I find it does bring some help.

oh yeah , they are freaking Horse pills too!!!

tacklespore

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Texas
Brand does not matter. Take as directed on the container. It will take about 3-4 weeks for you to notice. Also has anti inflammatory properties like motrin. Give it month. Rebuilding damage or worn cartilage....sorry.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
i'm on it too. same as splat...on and off when i can remember to take it. i know of other people that have also had success with it. my doctor recommended 1500 mg. i don't think the brand matters as long as your getting the right amount. just my .02.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Anybody on this crap? Do you have a recommended brand? Did it work?

The vitamin thread got me thinking...i've started increasing running mileage and training, it would be nice to have some spry joints to go with it.
if it makes you feel better than by all means try the stuff, but the evidence supporting the use of glucosamine and chondroitin is weak...

here's a good randomized controlled trial published in 2006 in the new england journal of medicine that shows no statistically significant effect over placebo:

http://download.yousendit.com/23F81FBB04FF55F7

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I'm on it as well. I have so many messed up joints that I'm a complete wreck if I don't take it regularly. I hadn't realized how bad off I was until I started on it for knee pain and now if I go without it long enough both knees scream as well as my right hip. As far as I'm concerned the stuff is nearly a miracle.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
so do the effects go away when you aren't taking it? Has anybody's problems gotten worse after taking it for an extended period?

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
The glucosamine/condroiton I take is the liquid form and I do feel a difference. The clicking in my knees has all but disappeared. When I'm too lazy to buy more after I run out, 2-3 weeks pass and my knees click like crazy. 2-3 weeks after I decide to buy more, I'm good to go. I don't really care if it's the placebo effect. I just know that when I take it, my knees feel better.