Quantcast

GM brings back the Camaro

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
SkaredShtles said:
Ahhhh...... one of them thar city girls.

I grew up on a farm outside Lapeer. I have deep redneck roots in that area. :thumb:

Hehe, yea, I'm a city girl! But my Dad lived in Alpena for awhile so I got out ever now and again!

Once I was a bit older and started to meet more people from outside Michigan I always found it funny that there are exactly 2 stereotypes of Michiganders and ironically both involve guns?!?!?! 1) Do you carry a gun because you live near Detroit? or
2) Do you have a shotgun in the rack of your pickup truck?

I swear I couldn't convince some people that there were actually decent cities near Detroit or that we weren't all Uppers :rolleyes:

So..I've gotta ask....do you still try and use your hand as a map even though you no longer live in MI? LOL!

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
surfinguru said:
Sorry, but I'm really not digging the front end at all. Looks like crap. In fact, it kind of looks like a Mustang.

They should've made this one, THEN I'd be interested.

that car is beatiful in a dukes of hazzards kinda way.
the new one is too low.

J

JRB

JohnE said:
Does GM bringing back the Camaro mean I can bring back my mullet?
I think reading the thread will help you realize the answer. :D

J

JRB

ALEXIS_DH said:
that car is beatiful in a dukes of hazzards kinda way.
the new one is too low.
Julie got me the "Dukes" movie on DVD for Christmas, and I watched it yesterday. Good stuff.

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
Yeah those are the heat. There are also "new" 1969's out available as just a body to replace an old one or as complete cars. Check out the December '05 issue of Hot Rod Magazine. There's a 30-40 page write up on it. I worked there (CARS) until college started up and i had to move. I'm lurking in one of the pictures somewhere on the final assembly. http://classicautomotiverestoration.com/manufacturing.html
Thats a link to the shops site, they've not updated it with the recent Hot Rod article. Its much better explained and documented in the magazine.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
partsbara said:
i wish... i ve been sitting here watchin snow-forecast.com for the last 3 days... at the first hint of fresh i m on a road trip... :( europe has had fark all lately... well in terms of fresh anyway... this board is a pow(ish) mod... tapered, about 17-18mm F to R...
You gotta get moved here, mate. Skiing has been stellar. I've been out only 3 times so far and have had 3 powder days. :thumb:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
robdamanii said:
God....

No wonder GM is losing ground to Toyota. They still aren't producing a useful consumer vehicle.
That is because a useful consumer vehicle will not get Tammy Lou to hang her big cornfed snacktrays out of the t-tops while Motley Crue plays in the background.
Target audience.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Jeremy R said:
I'll tell Tammy Lou you said Hi, and you can meet up with her at the dirt track next time you come back home to visit your family.:)
What the hell?

Which one? Go-cart, derby, moto, horse, bmx, greyhound, rc car, rally........it ain't like that's a lot to go on.

I love me a gurl that done plays hard tuh git but a man needs a little help.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
robdamanii said:
God....

No wonder GM is losing ground to Toyota. They still aren't producing a useful consumer vehicle.
You're totally into the useful buy Toyota BS:rolleyes: I guess in your perfect world everyone should be driving Civics:think: I'd take a fun car to drive over one of your "useful" cars any day.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
wow its so cool how cars are going back to when they were cool, and gas is going in the opposite direction

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Brian HCM#1 said:
You're totally into the useful buy Toyota BS:rolleyes: I guess in your perfect world everyone should be driving Civics:think: I'd take a fun car to drive over one of your "useful" cars any day.
Take it easy on Tom Brady's love child, he's having a hard time accepting his dad's success.

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
binary visions said:
Word from an insider source at GM is that a requirement is being written into the purchasing agreement to have a currently existing Camaro on blocks in the front yard before you can purchase one.

Significant rust and a siezed engine are not requirement, but will lower your interest rate.
Take off yur hat, man. Thare playin Freeburd

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Brian HCM#1 said:
Uh, didn't you read his post? He didn't bash "fun" cars. He just pointed out that a product line can't be all "fun" - there have to be useful consumer cars in there, too.

You think they're gonna sell 300+ thousand of these/year as Honda has been doing with the Civic for years?

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
awesome, you guys inspired me to head into itunes and get some DM... all my cassette tapes are dead :D bought: bitchin camaro, takin' retards to the zoo & stuart. forgot how good this stuff is.

JUMPIN' JESUS ON A POGO STICK!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Brian HCM#1 said:
no doubt!! :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
SkaredShtles said:
Nice. We owned one of those POS's too. It was older than that one, but still a big ol' Chevy turd. :thumb:

why was it a turd?
I had mine for 3 years and the thing ran freakin great....the only mechanical problem I had was I replaced a tie rod end

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
douglas said:
why was it a turd?
I had mine for 3 years and the thing ran freakin great....the only mechanical problem I had was I replaced a tie rod end
Yeah. Three years? That was about the useful life of a Chevy back then. Might still be the useful life of a Chevy............... :p

Lessee - sister blew the motor after the radiator sprung and she decided to ignore it. That wasn't all the car's fault. Luckily those cars would take almost any GM engine and they went in really easily.

Headliner delaminated, transmission leaked, spring broke in back, it rode like a boat, rattled like a baby's toy, and the hallmark of any good GM car owned in Michigan: it rotted with rust from the inside out.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
johnbryanpeters said:
Don't start getting paranoid, mite. I was referring to the car pictured at the start of this topic, not your rust bucket, which ain't bad.

the new version doesn t do much for me, but the old one has some style... i rock it for sure...