Quantcast

~~ GMT: A rare awesome Monday ~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, monkeys, and welcome to the short work week!

:monkeydance:

I love this week every year. With all the office holiday obligations I have, I will do almost no actual work. Not only that, but it's a 1.5 day work week for me, as I leave at noon tomorrow for a luncheon and am then DONE for the week! Wife and I are headed up to Mt Snow Christmas morning for five days of skiing.

Speaking of wife, she gave me my holiday gift Friday: A complete homebrew setup! And mom-in-law gave me a double IPA recipe kit. SWEEEEEEET. God damn are there a lot of pieces of equipment. I look forward to harrassing BadDNA with question after question.

Have a good day, monkeys!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning all! Gotta love this week where we clock in and do nothing! Last day of the work week for me. Cold for me this AM. 9 degrees with the wind blowing 20-30 mph. Colder than penguin poop!

Finishing shopping tomorrow then Christmas Eve is spent going around to all the local bike shops to spread cheer and share beers. One shop in particular will be getting PBR this year in honor of their epic cross adventures this past year.

Nice gift, IAB! I'm mulling over starting that hobby so looking forward to reading how it goes with you brew-monkies!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
spending the day downloading coltrane "fearless leader" box set and the miles davis quintet "1965-'68" box set.

also a death in the extended family. littermate to by brothers ridgeback died. penis cancer.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Morning everybody.

Its F'in COLD ... we haven't been above zero in two days, and wind chills to -25F.
That said, a very uneventful weekend. I did spend almost an entire football game on the spin bike at the gym, so you know I have THAT going for me. :rolleyes:

Sorry about your Bro's dog stevew.

Have a great day everybody.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I just got back from a meeting and there was a big gift bag on my chair from my staff. When I picked it up to move it, I heard the clinking of bottles inside.

:happydance:

:cheers:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Just got back from a pretty damn good board.

We hiked up along a ridgeline and dropped into the craziest line. Had to come off the first cornice to land directly above the second cliff line, turn hard along the top, then traverse across the cliffline to the untouched powderfield.

One of the hairier entrances I've had to do. A bit of a 'high-five' moment at the bottom and lamenting the lack of camera to show our lines.

Ah well. Fckn awesome morning!

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning folks,

IAB, Happy Holiday brewing! X3pilot- thanks for the Xmas visual, that ought to give the kids some nightmares.

Had a great weekend, wife's family Christmas kept me busy since last Thursday. Brother-in-law's family stayed with us over the weekend had we had a nice time. Finally got some time in yesterday afternoon to throw some suspension mods on the car. Only weekend bummer was having 4 days off and not having time to get a ride in. Well, back to my 3 day work week.

Have a good day.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Short week here too. Had a great weekend skiing in the 12" we got & built the most rad snow fort ever. Drank many beers, glasses of vino & played lots of darts.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Cold? .....Pssssht! While you guys in the Northeast were busy freezing your icecubes off, pops and I headed to the coast and enjoyed a couple of days of mid-70's temps drinking cold tops, catching some redfish out on the flats, and cruising around.

Most of the reds were in the 1-2 lb range, but were a blast to catch on the flyrod.

Cruising along the canal...

Sunset over Oriental, NC

Gotta run....y'all have a great day. I gotta get some shopping done!!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Good Morning!!!

Cold? .....Pssssht! While you guys in the Northeast were busy freezing your icecubes off, pops and I headed to the coast and enjoyed a couple of days of mid-70's temps drinking cold tops, catching some redfish out on the flats, and cruising around.

Gotta run....y'all have a great day. I gotta get some shopping done!!
It has been so cold here, I think my nards have permanently retreated into my abdomen. :plthumbsdown:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Monday.

Yesterday Derek and I skied downtown to the bar and drank away the evening. Very fun adventure.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am sitting here eating my office pot luck lunch. I have eaten:

Meatballs (I made them)
some sort of chiken and pasta thingie
mini hotdogs in baked beans
two chicken legs
pasta salad, of which I dropped some on my dress shirt (eff!!)
corn chowder
shrimp cocktail (why do you always have to de-turd these things)

Me = fat.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are