Quantcast

~~~GMT for Wednesday~~~

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning all! After a sick day yesterday, feeling better. Camping and riding a section of the C&O canal this weekend is making my week brighter!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey. First day back in my cubicle after spending six glorious days on Martha's Vineyard. We all know how much fun being back at your desk is.

BTW, I ran a 5K this past Saturday in 23:31. That's three 5K races this year (my first ones ever).

1st one: 27:35
2nd one: 26:14
3rd one: 23:31

Not too shabby.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Made a spinach, grape, strawberry salad and some blackened salmon for dinner last night. It was bloody fantastic, but the wine didn't treat me so well this morning.

Pre ride of the Hammarby Hill XC race tonight with the racers from Cykloteket. Last time I rode with them, they kicked my ass. Hopefully the course isn't the gravel hiking crap they took us on last time, if it is, I'm not racing, I want dirt.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Mixed bag this morning. Flatted about a mile from work on my way in this morning, one of those where the tube pretty much just exploded. Just rode on it so I wouldn't be late. My PortableFirefox seems to work with my add ons (hello ad-block and ghostery), but still no flash so no youtubes or zillow. :mad: Found a metric ton of books online (thank you Bittorrent!) for my kindle so I should be able to stay busy @ work.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
slamed into a tree head first yesterday, i probably would have gotten killed if i wasn't wearing my helmet. i actually left a dent in the tree where i hit, but at least i didn't get knocked out. any way today i got the grave yard shift at work where i end up doing nothing but wheel bikes around the shop. stay safe out there monkeys

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
BTW, I ran a 5K this past Saturday in 23:31. That's three 5K races this year (my first ones ever).

1st one: 27:35
2nd one: 26:14
3rd one: 23:31

Not too shabby.
HY! :thumb:

Mornin'. Goin' to work soon. Hopefully today trucks on by the last two. Campin' this weekend again. :weee:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
morning monkeeze. I'm thinking I'm not going to sell both my bikes and buy a 29er anymore, but rather STFU and ride what I have since neither is worth much. Bikes!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
there's a susprising number of free books through google books. a lot of old classics.
Amazon has a bunch of "classics" available also. Been Reading Moby Dick, and also got Treasure Island,the Illiad, complete Sherlock Holmes, The Time Machine, etc.. Been reading my daughter another one called "Fairy Tales Every Child Should Know" which is a collection of, well, Fairy Tales @ bed time. All free ninety nine.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Amazon has a bunch of "classics" available also. Been Reading Moby Dick, and also got Treasure Island,the Illiad, complete Sherlock Holmes, The Time Machine, etc.. Been reading my daughter another one called "Fairy Tales Every Child Should Know" which is a collection of, well, Fairy Tales @ bed time. All free ninety nine.
google books has the OG grimms fairy tales.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
google books has the OG grimms fairy tales.
Got both of those fairy tales and have been reading them to the little one, it's good that they hear the real deal and not the sugar coated Disney versions!

I almost got to start this thread this morning at 1:30am PST! I did a neti pot all wrong last night and woke up feeling like my ear was going to explode. I took some IB profin and that helped, but all my tossing and turning was disturbing the hubby, so I had this thought that I could just get up and start the hump day GMT....

Anyone have a similar neti pot experience? It feels like an ear infection, but it hasn't been long enough for all that. I'm wondering how long it'll be before it clears... Thanks. :flood: (in my ear)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I was intending to finish the full cleaning and re-build of my 303 today, but alas I found cracks at the head tube and on one of the slider assemblies. Talked to Yeti about the crash replacement price (not a warranty issue) and the pricing is really dependent on my local shop. Now I need to convince my shop to not take a cut on the top. I send them enough business that I would go elsewhere if they stick me...

Other than that, I'm getting a few more pots for the patio garden to spread out my lettuce plants and start some broccoli.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i'm thinking of buying this for my brothers kids for bed time.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Just watched the Team RadioShack and Leopard/Trek riders training in Boulder go by. Idle chit chat while going about 26mph.

Only a few more weeks until the race.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
turns out I had an ear infection, probably started before the neti pot. Doc gave me some drugs and all will be right again soon!