Quantcast

###GMT Friday###

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

So they are kicking my dad out of the nursing home, and he is moving into his new digs in another wing of the same building, an assisted living center. They have a 1 bedroom apartment, and will be getting rid of their 10 room Victorian. He is progressing very well from his open heart surgery, but hasn't had closure about moving out of his house of 40 years.

Mom still thinks that she will be able to come back and visit, and hasn't really grasped the fact that she is moving. Big thanks to my big sister for helping out with my mom for the last 2 months.

Didn't do anything at work yesterday, and I plan on doing the same today.

Be safe out there.

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
Leaving for boston in half an hour with just my bike. No wife or kids for a day or 2, this will be a good one.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm at work and its raining. Have to find something to improve on this Friday. My brother got a Garmin Edge 800 yesterday. Sweet unit and I really would like one too. Maybe shopping is the solution to a better day.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Have had a nagging pain in the rib since I had a meeting with a tree a couple weeks ago. Went to see a physio yesterday and the consensus is that I've likely busted a rib.

Crap.

How the hell do you "rest" a rib?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

Lunch ride planned for today with one of my coworkers. Should be interesting. Really hoping my new Leatt shows up today so I can try it out tomorrow. I have a full day of riding the local trails on my big bike. Pretty dang excited.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Have had a nagging pain in the rib since I had a meeting with a tree a couple weeks ago. Went to see a physio yesterday and the consensus is that I've likely busted a rib.

Crap.

How the hell do you "rest" a rib?
you don't crash on it, life weights, have rough sex....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.

Taking a mellow road ride tonight, DH Saturday and pot luck on Sunday. Hitting up the farmer's market tomorrow morning for a week's worth of fresh veggies.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Spent a goodly portion of the day yesterday water skiing with friends. My daughters first time out ever and she clearly enjoyed herself. Took her out on the tube and she giggled like a mad woman. Damn do my shoulders hurt today.

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I know what Sanjuro is doing this weekend :D

http://sfpride.org/

From 1 till 6 PM tomorrow, The San Francisco Men's Spanking Party, will be happening then at 7 PM tomorrow the Dyke march kicks off!!

Sounds like there will be something for everyone.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Friday Monkeys!

Rode the moto to work today, damn that felt good. Haven't ridden it since October when the battery died. My left knee is thankful for the rest.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Wife and I did Chimney Gulch -> Enchanted Forest -> Apex this morning. She didn't kill me, which I was fully expecting given the technical nature of the ride. She may not do it again, but I think she had fun. :D