Quantcast

###GMT Saturday###

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Out on the right of way yesterday. Good to get some overtime. I can finally see an end to this phase of the project, then I'll be home for a few months, then back here for another few months.

Be safe out there.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Went camping with the wife and kiddo last couple days. A good time was had by all, even got in a ride on the old mountian bike. Riding home with the visor up and got a grasshoper in my motorcycle helmet, hit me right smack in the sunglass and somehow he survived. Freaked me right the fvck out when the litte bastard started crawling around on my face.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Morning monkeys!

Out on the right of way yesterday. Good to get some overtime. I can finally see an end to this phase of the project, then I'll be home for a few months, then back here for another few months.

Be safe out there.
What do you do for a profession if ya don't mind me asking?

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
What do you do for a profession if ya don't mind me asking?
Mostly, I just stand around and watch people work.

What I'm supposed to be doing is vibration monitoring. The current project I'm on is a National Grid project to upgrade the electric service in Rhode Island. My company was contracted by Tennessee Gas Pipeline to protect the 16" 700psi gas main that runs concurrently with the National Grid right of way. National Grid is upgrading the structures (power poles) on 3 pines. They are removing the wood poles, and installing metal poles. to do this, they have to drill foundation holes for the new poles. These holes range from 6' to 9' in diameter, and up to (I've seen) 22' deep. If any hole is being drilled within 25' of the gas line, I am required to monitor the drilling operation to ensure that the driller doesn't cause excessive vibrations.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Wow... you just can't make this stuff up!

What I'm supposed to be doing is vibration monitoring. The current project I'm on is a National Grid project to upgrade the electric service in Rhode Island. My company was contracted by Tennessee Gas Pipeline to protect the 16" 700psi gas main that runs concurrently with the National Grid right of way. National Grid is upgrading the structures (power poles) on 3 pines. They are removing the wood poles, and installing metal poles. to do this, they have to drill foundation holes for the new poles. These holes range from 6' to 9' in diameter, and up to (I've seen) 22' deep. If any hole is being drilled within 25' of the gas line, I am required to monitor the drilling operation to ensure that the driller doesn't cause excessive vibrations.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007

Geeze that's pretty specialized.