Quantcast

~~ GMT thread Wednesday 7-27 wake up ~~

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Wednesday, folks. Don't everyone jump all at once to start a GMT now...we wouldn't want you to pull a muscle or anything. Everyone sleep well last night? Survive the thunderstorms? Ok then.

I managed a 6.2 mile run after work yesterday just before some major storms hit. Boy, it would have sucked to get caught in that. It was nice to see that the new dog really couldn't care less about thunder. She just sat there on her bed and didn't so much as flinch. Good girl.

Lots of work on my desk so I guess I'll get crackin'. You all have a good day now.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning Team! Another day in paradise.

Had a bananna, nutella, peanut butter, apple, vannilla yogurt ,soy milk and espresso powder smoothie this morning.

I say again, Vitamix was best purchase my wife ever made!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Friday today. Think I like the new schedule, its nice to get out of work so early, but damn its hard to get up before the sun. The dogs don't even get up with me @ that hour of the morning.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The dogs don't even get up with me @ that hour of the morning.
How early are we talking?

I say again, Vitamix was best purchase my wife ever made!
Our Kitchen-Aid blender has been pretty bomb proof in the 10 years we've owned it. We did have to replace a couple of small parts a few years back, but I use the thing every day to make protein shakes. Coolstorybro.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Took the wifey out for our 14th wedding anniversary last night.
As of yesterday we've been together for 1/2 my life (21yrs).
Time flies.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Mornin' peeps,

Good ride last night, probably around 10 miles. We had some heavy rain Monday night, so the roots and rocks were slippery. I was riding with 5 other people, and each of us managed to crash n' burn at least once.

I'm moving on Monday, so most of my time is going to be spent packing after work the rest of this week and over the weekend. I'm going to be living less than a mile away from my favorite trail system. Awesome! And... since I'm going to Monkeyfest, that means only 2 days of work for me next week!!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
too little sleep last night. was on the phone with AsiaPac till like midnight, up early to be in for another meeting. planning on riding every day from now till Sunday.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:wave:

Friday today. Think I like the new schedule, its nice to get out of work so early, but damn its hard to get up before the sun. The dogs don't even get up with me @ that hour of the morning.
Getting out early is the nice part. It's that whole getting up before the sun part that's the killer.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
doing literally nothing at work today since its a beach day apposed to a bike day. so i will be watching bike videos and surfing the monkey. cant wait to go do some real riding this weekend im done riding on the sand bar people call cape cod.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

Doing the smog on our truck today, first one since we needed to replace the motor. I really hope this thing passes. I really don't want to dump more money into this thing.

Besides that, looking forward to relaxing tonight at home with the wife.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just dropped the cat off for its dental cleaning and am about to go run the Dispea Trail for ishts and giggles. See you boys in 5 hours.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Having a rough day, but booked a campsite for the weekend, which made it much better. The little one is going to be so stoked! Is it the weekend yet?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
extractions are the worst on cats.
They want to pull 4-5 teeth and said they are charging $1300. We're letting her wake up and taking her to a new vet. We were quoted $50/tooth at another vet.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They want to pull 4-5 teeth and said they are charging $1300. We're letting her wake up and taking her to a new vet. We were quoted $50/tooth at another vet.
when my cat had his teeth done he had something like 15 or 16 teeth pulled, cost us around $800, so the quote from the other vet sounds about right.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
when my cat had his teeth done he had something like 15 or 16 teeth pulled, cost us around $800, so the quote from the other vet sounds about right.
Exactly. The vet is in a nicer area (no, I didn't choose it), which explains the price. Now getting a copy of the medical records should be even more fun though...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Would you give out that type of information so the owner can do comparative shopping?

I got it by just lying and telling them that I was moving, but the actual vet was not happy. I got it from an underling.

HIPPA laws apply to cats??