Quantcast

***GMT THREE***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Nasty weather here after a snow/sleet/rain storm last night, inch of standing water/slush everywhere. Derp morning, too - locked myself out of car and home while trying to remove some frozen slush blocking the driveway. Had to wait for wife to wake up and rescue me. WFH day, I guess.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
We have a webstore in the same building like Freshdirect and they have a store we can shop in with stuff they can't sell online like beer getting close to the expiration date. Scored a 6 pack of Pilsner Urquell for $3 today. I consider that free beer :-)

Got a little cold this week and it made my head feel like it was about to boil during last nights spinning class but hopefully helping burn off the germs.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, lovelies. I swear to God, Mother Nature farts and the pool opens late. ANY EXCUSE. The gym always opens on time, so why can't the pussies that run the pool get their lazy asses there on time? So I had to skip my swim this morning and I hit the gym treadmill instead. We got the same weather @StiHacka already told you about, so I won't go into any further detail about that. Speaking of indoor exercise, have I mentioned how much I love my monocle Wahoo Kickr? I don't do the Zwift though...I prefer to have movies on.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I really would like to ride my bike before I enter retirement age.
Haven't ridden on the trails by our house in a few weeks due to excessive snow, now they're all closed for muddy conditions.

Some of the mountain areas are forecast 3ft of snow by the end of the week. We'll see what falls here.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
finished work at 11:30 last night. couldn't get to sleep till 1. little guy woke up the whole house at 6. i am thoroughly borked. school is closed, and I can't log onto the servers at work anyways. so I guess I'll wax my skis while I wait for the plows to do their thing, and then I'll take the eldest skiing for a few hours. I wonder how he'll do with powder? (for that matter, I wonder how I will do with powder?!)

time for espresso #3.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I have an hour long meeting at 11. Otherwise the day is miiiiiiine, except I can’t go skiing because I could potentially be called in to cover.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
trimmed the hose on my new front brake last night after having consumed . . . ummm . . . a few beers. will have to see what happens when i grab it when i get home this afternoon.

meetings all over the dang place today. forecast for a ///fuckit ///friday is looking better and better.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Finished driving down that weird eastern part of MD/VA yesterday. This section has been a wonderful reminder of what a diverse world we live in!

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
I had to leave work early yesterday due to my septic system backing up. Getting it pumped wouldn't be a big deal but Cleaning of the 4" of ice of the ground to find the tank covers was a bitch. I had a few pallets and suspended one of them off the ground with some small pieces of wood. Then I lit the pallet on fire and used the heat to melt the ice and frozen ground. All of the rain we have gotten over the winter has just made sheets of ice everywhere. Got the tank pumped around 4 and finally finished getting the filter out and cleaned by 8. Good times for sure.

And today we are getting a foot of snow.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
whats yer next destination?
Charleston, SC, then onto Asheville. After that we descend down into the bayous.

I had to leave work early yesterday due to my septic system backing up. Getting it pumped wouldn't be a big deal but Cleaning of the 4" of ice of the ground to find the tank covers was a bitch. I had a few pallets and suspended one of them off the ground with some small pieces of wood. Then I lit the pallet on fire and used the heat to melt the ice and frozen ground. All of the rain we have gotten over the winter has just made sheets of ice everywhere. Got the tank pumped around 4 and finally finished getting the filter out and cleaned by 8. Good times for sure.

And today we are getting a foot of snow.
You should pave over the hatch so you know where it is.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mornin!

Finished driving down that weird eastern part of MD/VA yesterday. This section has been a wonderful reminder of what a diverse world we live in!
Every time I did the drive down the East coast through VA it used to amuse me that gps nav would tell me I'd got ~380miles before my next instruction as I was heading through VA.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

No rain today, but there iare still road closures by the house due to wicked flooding. This is by far the worst I've seen in the 5 years I've been out here.

Way too many meetings, damn.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Every time I did the drive down the East coast through VA it used to amuse me that gps nav would tell me I'd got ~380miles before my next instruction as I was heading through VA.
Driving from San Antonio to Tucson, I'd have a stretch with over 800 miles before next instruction, and that was to make a slight left to keep going west instead of ending up north to Albuquerque. Such a demoralizing drive.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Oh the harassment...But if that's what it takes to get moving forward, so be it. The entire team is behind me, but you can tell the managers are a bit sore, especially the AVP level. Tone is very different when they have come by today, but fuck it. You won't pay me more but load me with shit, I'm going to look at other options.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh the harassment...But if that's what it takes to get moving forward, so be it. The entire team is behind me, but you can tell the managers are a bit sore, especially the AVP level. Tone is very different when they have come by today, but fuck it. You won't pay me more but load me with shit, I'm going to look at other options.
a little more ///Background here, stone man

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
My sincere condolences to anyone who has to suffer driving 500 plus-mile of I-10 between Van Horn and San Antonio.
When i made the drive, i went from San Antonio through San Angelo to Big Spring to see my sister before i left and stayed in Van Horn that night. Then from Van Horn to El Paso, for fuel and fuel (food). Then from there to Tucson.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Slept like doodoo. the lady has been emotional due to the $4k septic bill plus me keep saying insensitive things.
c'est la diem as they say.
gonna ski friday. hopefully this system delivers cuz TN needs a pow day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Slept like doodoo. the lady has been emotional due to the $4k septic bill plus me keep saying insensitive things.
c'est la diem as they say.
gonna ski friday. hopefully this system delivers cuz TN needs a pow day.
bitch please. when my sewer line went 2 years ago (on christmas eve no less) that was a $12k bill. SIUP.