Quantcast

~<>#% gmt Thursday gmt €££¥<{,?

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Nice dude, I remember my first job in a kitchen, that job you have is probably a lot better haha. I am up studying for chemistry exam. This final exam will dictate whether I get a D (60+), C(70+) or a B (80+)... I have a 75 right now. It's so hard.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
Oh lol. I had gotten my first "real" job when I was 16 and I remember you were around 16 if I recall correctly; hence why I thought it was your first.
18 on the 28th but no worries, I got my first job when I was like 15 to buy a new bike :D. On a side note the job should be interesting having pretty much a dead hand at the moment

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Did a little work on my truck yesterday, got the cruise control installed, but not completely hooked up. Needed some tools that I didn't have available.

Sitting in the field office, doing office-type stuff, but I took a break, maybe watch Tropic Thunder in a few minutes with my crew.

Be safe out there.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Good morning. Had beer and pizza with my Webcyclery teammates last night. Yum. New snow is hitting Mt Bachelor, looks like a double header weekend with skiing and mountain biking. Suck it monkeys!

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I got my last final this morning today in Calc, did well on my other 2 finals, and have spent close to 40 hours getting ready for this one, so I actually feel ready.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys!

Had the company party last night on the Portland Spirit. Good times, great beer and some cool Christmas boats on the river. Had individually bacon wrapped asparagus :drool:

late start this morning, but worth it.

<edit> And remember, kids. Tasers are no match for a light saber. :rofl:

Officers tried to arrest the man, but he kept swinging the light saber at them, Simpson said. One tried to use his Taser on the suspect but the device didn't work.

Another officer used his Taser and made contact, but the man knocked one of the wires away with the light saber.

None of the victims of the light saber assault needed medical attention.

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Afternoon monkeys, it's crazy busy at work today. Well at least I have a half day tomorrow. Gotta love it when ya have vacation time to burn up at the end of the year.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Evening all. 3 concerts down. Cliff Notes: HS Concert last night went well...my kids sounded good and had fun; Elementary Concert this morning: A few tears shed (I told them Headstart was too young); 1 fire alarm pulled by an unattended 2 year old which left us standing in the cold rain for 20 minutes and my kids were great; HS Jazz Concert #1 went okay....it's a good warm-up for next week. Now I am going to play Wii with Syd and relax in the hot tub for a while :)

I got my last final this morning today in Calc, did well on my other 2 finals, and have spent close to 40 hours getting ready for this one, so I actually feel ready.
I don't get it. I found that if I kept up with coursework, all I did before exams was retreat to the basement and work on motorcycls so as to be relaxed for the exam. What could possibly require 40 hours of preparation for an exam?

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I don't get it. I found that if I kept up with coursework, all I did before exams was retreat to the basement and work on motorcycls so as to be relaxed for the exam. What could possibly require 40 hours of preparation for an exam?
I am the same... I studied twenty hours for my Chem final. I don't know what classes you have taken or the difficulty of the tests and your professors, but mine right now is very difficult. She expects us to be super proficient. Also my exam is accumulative so there is lots of review and simple simple terms like exothermic and endothermic and there assigned values can be easily confused... And that is the simple stuff.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
The teacher is also an admissions counselor for the math department at UC Berkeley, let's just say he's a really hard teacher. As well there was a ton of material to review, I literally know all the proofs for every single derivative. I started 2 weeks prior, spent a few hours a day getting ready. Went to bed last night early, slept in later than usual, ate a huge breakfast and took my test.

What classes were you taking as well? Because the 3.4 I maintained in poli sci classes was little to no effort, where as I've actually had to work for my good grades in calc physics and chem

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Finished up my last final a few hours ago. All week long take home exams. No matter how much you knew they each were a weeks worth of work, all to be done in a week. Good times, my brain hurts but it was a ****ing awesome quarter. Accomplished a lot, so far to go. I do not recommend waiting 15 years before going back to grad school.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Finished up my last final a few hours ago. All week long take home exams. No matter how much you knew they each were a weeks worth of work, all to be done in a week. Good times, my brain hurts but it was a ****ing awesome quarter. Accomplished a lot, so far to go. I do not recommend waiting 15 years before going back to grad school.
you're drunk.