Quantcast

~~~~gmt thursday gmt~~~~~~

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
good morning today is thursday incase you didnt get that of the thread title. any ways i just woke up to the sound of my septic tank flooding the basement... its gonna be a long ass day at this rate.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Is it Friday yet? Baby check-up tonight and then I need to get some housework done, but that's all that's on deck. Just saw a news report on the soccer riots in Egypt...holy crap! I know people take take their sports seriously, but that's out of control!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Morning. Got to do some translating to do but what scares me is having to read 1000+ pages of movie scrips in the next five days. Hello speed reading.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning monkeys, happy groundhog day. Half day of work today due to doctors appt. Thats about it.

Stay safe out there!

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
Colonel Anus reporting for duty.

Today is my Friday, no work tomorrow. Starting to feel stoked 'cuz I'm gonna ride my new single speed this weekend, and rides are awfully hard to come by around here this time of year.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys!

Well, doc got my back to pop a few good times. Still sore and still cramping up, but with ice and stretching, should work out.

Healthcare rant: So my crappy and overly expensive insurance says I can spend up to $1000 for "alternative treatments" like acupuncture and chiropractic. So doc calls to find out what an x ray will cost me and they tell him if he orders it, it hospital visit and x ray cost come out of the $1000.

So I have to make an appointment with my primary care, have them order it, then forward the pictures to the chiropractor so I don't totally drain my alt coverage.

WTF?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Just rode 30 miles to drop off a jacket, took two seconds, now back home.

Shooting the Martin show up in boulder later tonight. Any Denver monkeys up for a free ticket, let me know. The post gave me a +1 and I don't need it.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
morning all.
after a 2 year break/vacation/retirement i got a new job with the post office as a delivery driver...pending background check and pee test. i was originally surprised that they were hiring but they have a ton of openings here in PA. im pretty happy since it was only the second place i applied to and got the job.
i do wish the shorts they wear in the summer werent so damn short :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
morning all.
after a 2 year break/vacation/retirement i got a new job with the post office as a delivery driver...pending background check and pee test. i was originally surprised that they were hiring but they have a ton of openings here in PA. im pretty happy since it was only the second place i applied to and got the job.
congrats dude (its about time). Are the benefits as good as are rumored?

are you gonna have to drive to the bad parts of town? will they let you carry on the job?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
congrats dude (its about time). Are the benefits as good as are rumored?

are you gonna have to drive to the bad parts of town? will they let you carry on the job?
thanks
starting off, its a "temp"-to-perm position so i wont get benefits right away :think: but when/if i do, they are pretty great. the pay is pretty darn close to what i was making at jvc too.

my town is a rich white neighborhood so there are no bad parts...all that sh!t is east of me in Reading. i will be doing driver training there but during the day, its not so bad. i doubt ill be able to carry a gun but maybe some mace to ward off dogs(?)
it will definitely be weird driving a right hand drive car full time. i drove a bit in France but thats a bit different since the roads are based on right hand drive.

I have to order shorts that are 3-4 inches bigger around the waste to get the length I need. :think:
thats what i figured id have to do.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
morning all.
Congratulations on the new job and whatever you do, no pics of the short shorts mkay ;)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
sad afternoon. There is a really nice lady whom we have been transporting for years, and during that time has we have become close friends, she entered Hospice Care today. Could be tomorrow, could be months down the line, but this one is going to hurt when she goes. I'm really going to miss her smile, humor, and the conversations that we have shared.