Quantcast

~~~GMT tuesday GMT

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA look at you frikkin MONKEYS! :rofl:

Oh, hello. I "found" three bucks in my pants (aka SLACKS) pocket this morning, which pretty much guarantees I am having the best morning amongst the RM populous.

Three. Dollars. Let that sink in for a while.

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
Friggin' cold as hell this morning in North Texas. Temp is 28 but wind chill pushing into the single digits. Tried to fill up my truck this morning but the diesel pumps were running so slow it took almost 20 minutes. FML.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Weirdly warm here (48) when I drove in to work. Supposed to get cooler as the day goes on but it's definitely gloomy out there today. Got our tree decorated last night and have about 98% of the shopping completed so I think we'll play to wrap everything up this weekend. I'm quite excited for Christmas this year...Syd's been good so she's getting some great stuff. Now, if I could only rationalize getting myself an iPhone 4GS I'd be set. I'll likely go with the 4G 'cause I'm cheap.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
[post=3725927]T-Nubbs[/post]

Good morning.
Just a friendly reminder that things you do today might affect you, or others, for the rest of your life. Choose wisely, Grasshopper. [/philosophy]

Alrighty then, coffee up and have a good day.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
At work for a few hours this morning then flying down to Knoxville for the rest of the week.

One of my flights is already delayed... awesome :mad:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Day 2, this place seems pretty cool so far. It's strange to have so many people who have been here 10+ years. The longest I've been anywhere is 2.5 years, but that's why I came here in the first place. :rofl:

I'll be the "new guy" for about a decade.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Day 2, this place seems pretty cool so far. It's strange to have so many people who have been here 10+ years. The longest I've been anywhere is 2.5 years, but that's why I came here in the first place. :rofl:

I'll be the "new guy" for about a decade.
My place seems to have both ends of the spectrum......guys that have been there 30+ years, and people that come in and out for 2 years max. I've been there almost 6 years and I'm one of the most "tenured" people in the engineering dept.

Anywho.......home from work, sitting on the couch drinking coffee waiting for the oil burner service guy to show up. Emailing with my friend back and forth finding out what to get his kids for Christmas. Toys R Us trip later this afternoon. Homemade pizza and calzone tonight.

Fun times.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Most of the places I've worked have been around less than 10 years, so it's par for the course. but my boss has been here for 27 years and the other 2 folks on my team have each been here 15. One of the developers was here 9 years before he left and came back as a contractor.

Intel had a mix of old/new, but it was also at least 50% temp workforce in engineering.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Our company was founded in 1969, my boss has been there since 73 or 74. At least 5-6 other guys I can think of have been there even longer than that. Pretty crazy. It's always funny when they pull up drawings/files they created years before I was born......definitely makes them feel old :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Most of the places I've worked have been around less than 10 years, so it's par for the course. but my boss has been here for 27 years and the other 2 folks on my team have each been here 15. One of the developers was here 9 years before he left and came back as a contractor.

Intel had a mix of old/new, but it was also at least 50% temp workforce in engineering.
a lot of big companies use temp engineers. easier to get rid of, and don't count towards the official total headcount

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Well hello everyone! Happy season of coldness to all!

Broke a heel on my way into work, sure glad I didn't biff it! Security would have caught that on their cameras and I would NEVER live it down... especially after they loaded it and YOU all saw it! Ha!

Have a good one!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's always funny when they pull up drawings/files they created years before I was born......definitely makes them feel old :rofl:
We have systems still running Pick. :rofl:

JK, I know all about contract work, all too well, I guess. Toss 1000 contractors out and it doesn't make the news, but lay off 100 FTE's and the story will run for 3 days around here. IBM, Sun, Nike, Intel, they all do it. It makes sense, but still sucks for the contractors.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
hahahahahahaha i though it was a semi serious post then i scrolled down, that pretty much was the funniest finger joke yet.
The first part was serious and genuine. I do not know how serious your injury is but I would be crushed if I lost part of a digit. Good to see your spirit and prognosis is good.