Quantcast

~^~ gmt tuesday~^~

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
happy tuesday every one i half a half day of school Wednesday so then im done till next week i guess. not really sure what that makes today :think:, any way i went on my first night ride last night. it was pretty damn sick now i must have a light. other then that not much of any thing going on today other then yard work. give em hell monkeys

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning! T-minus 2 days until I smoke that bird on my new Big Green Egg!!
Must suffer through more work first. Thanks for the funky symbols today!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
LOLOL omg! HOORAY Tuesday! WHEEEEEEEEE!!!! By the way, wake up ffs.

So I went for a ~12 mile run last night. Let me just say that in this week of continuing to give thanks, I am thankful that my gym is located at mile three of last night's route, as the intestinal thunderstorm that was brewing inside me had decided that it was time to unleash its fury. So after dealing with that rude interruption, I continued on and finished my run, albeit a couple pounds lighter. #coolstorybro

BTW, my DANOLITE makes a great running light and attaches beautifully to a reflective running hat. :)

Two days until turkey imo.

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
Morning. Wet, drizzly and cold here in North Texas. Two more days in the office then a much needed break! Of course I get to spend my break hanging Christmas lights, getting crap out of the attic and hauling in more firewood.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Went to the MNF game last night and it was good, albeit expected for the Pats to smoke the Chiefs but it was a good time. Too bad the same cant be said of getting in and out, got home ~2am this morning. It's goin to be a rough day.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Fantastic wind storm happening today. I like storms.
Crazy here. too! Maybe not AS crazy :rofl:

Big adventures in public transportation yesterday. Had an interview at 3, so I check the TriMet website and there is a bus that runs 2 blocks from the office leaving the transit center and it's a 30 minute trip. Awesome. Get there with time to spare, all good.

So an hour into the interview (3 person panel) my phone rings. I feel like a jackass because I thought I had turned the ringer off. Pull my phone out and just turn it off. Finish the interview, seemed to go very well, I feel good about it. Walk outside and my phone won't turn on. Not sure where the return bus stop is, but it must be close, so I start to walk back towards where the bus let me off.

2 miles and WAY too much rain later, I finally find a stop heading the other direction, no idea where a closer stop is. Finally catch the bus back to the transit center, then the bus home. Walk in about 5:45 soaked. I mean soaked like I've never been soaked before (or at least in a long while). Man, I didn't realized just how dependent I am on my phone.

"Where's the nearest bus stop?" I have an app for that
"When does the next bus get here?" I have an app for that too!
But if my phone won't turn on, I am lost. :panic:

/coolstorybro

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I still have a flip phone.
The Trimet Mobile site didn't like my old slider. I know I am wicked spoiled with public transportation here, but when I have NO IDEA what bus to take where on a new trip, I'm screwed.

For anyone who as any idea of Portland, the office is on the 2500 block of SW 1st. So it's right in the cluster f that is the Ross Island bridge/NATO Parkway/Johns Landing mess. No stops visible on NATO, ended up walking past the bridge all the way back to the Swan Mart (ok, I just looked, it's just over a mile, but it was pouring).

<eit> I just looked, there was a stop at SW Naito Parkway & Sheridan, 1 block east from the office. :disgust1:

Next time I will plan my RETURN trip as well.

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Good morning. Wind and scaredy-dogs kept this gal awake much of last night. Would like to go back to bed now :lazy2:

In other news, the boss is letting us free at 2 tomorrow! Woot! I love short work weeks! Happy "hump day" :)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Ok Im doing a movie analisis for a company that may hire me and it blows my mind how strange some movies are.
Haywire on paper seems to not know if its going to flop or be a good suprise movie like taken was.

That only shows I need to work moar. 10.45 here and I;m still working.

Last edited:

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
That would have been better directed to insanitylevel9's comment about the flip phone. And insanitylvl9, I have been rocking this for the past 6 months till my new phone contract is up. Thankfully I have a 4s on order haha.