Quantcast

~~ GMT Wednesday 1/7 ~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wake up, monkeys! Another busy day in the office for me today.

I was having a great workout last night until I pinched a nerve in my neck. I slept like crap because of it, waking up every 30 minutes trying ot get comfortable. Meh. I hate it when that happens. I'll be sore for at least three days now. I'll stay plenty loaded on Advil.

We got some cold rain last night, so as usual, all Connecticut schools are closed today. :rolleyes:

Jan 21, 2006
Boone, NC
Morning RM

65 degrees, overcast, and windy this morning. Most likely rain later today. This is winter eh?

Ordered myself 240 dollars worth of a Landyachtz longboard Sunday evening, got the shipping e-mail last night. It's gonna be hard to wait until next Tuesday for this thing!

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Got out for a brief ride last night, it was c-c-cold by AZ standards. I lost a bolt from the rear brake mount to the frame on the trail. Discovered this when the rear brake locked up. A black bolt on a rocky trail at night. Back tracking, my buddy actually found it, washer intact. Tightened everything back up and we were off again. That and the wife got the mortgage locked in at 4.5% yesterday. It's looking like this may be the start of a really decent year. Hope yours is going as well!

Last edited:
Morning all.

Today begins what looks to be a crazy six weeks. I have to get 8 high schools students to design and build a competition robot. Last year the old instructor had them drawing isometric views of tool holders by hand and now i have to get them using parametric solid modeling in Inventor to design and do simulations of a working robot in less than 6 weeks..... to say the least i have my work cut out for me.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning all. Same here in PA as CT, melting ice causes school cancellation.
Icy and pretty out but melting quick, I hope. I get to work from home though so it's not all bad.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
rain, rain, go the fvck away....

come back next fvcking year.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

The only person that didn't make it into the office today is the boss. That means it will be quiet.

Camera club got cancelled last night, so we stayed home. BigT wasn't feeling very well anyway.

Tonight is wupposed to be a "high impact" workout, but I'm not going. Would probably be just me, and I need to thump somebody.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
I feel like CRAP today. I need to snap out of it and head into the office.
I received the outstanding parts for my hardtail, and discovered that I'm still missing a rear brake adapter. :rant:

Trainwreck: 4.5% is a score. Nice. Spending the saved $$$ to fly us out to PHX and ride So. Mtn.?

IAB: I have the same re-occuring problem. Assuming you are lifting; I found that starting with my back greatly reduces the chance of re-injury. Also, an icepack brings relief pretty quickly when I do tweak it.

Its been snowy/icy here for months, but I rode last Friday after the most recent thaw and found miles of rideable trail. I hope to get back out over the weekend, maybe even with the new bike. :rolleyes:

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Good morning.
Weather in NC has been largely crappy for weeks...rain rain rain. At least the hospital is quiet...amazing how bad weather keeps people from coming to the ER.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Messy weather here. We got a few inches of snow then some ice and sleet and freezing rain is still coming down. School's closed so Syd & I are having a jammy day :) I need to book plane tickets to San Francisco in the end of March...not looking forward to seeing how much that'll be. Sq-Earl wants an LCD HDTV for the basement and Costco has one that he likes for a good price. I don't have a membership number (we don't have one close by so I don't really want to pay the $50 to join) so I'll have to pay quite a bit more though. what to do, what to do. Then I'll do some housework before I start thinking about what delicious meal to whip up for dinner. Hectic day I've got planned. ;)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin'.

got a couple inches of wet snow last night. not enough to replenish the ski trails. I haven't had any time on the skinny skis lately & that is bumming me out. :angry:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I was having a great workout last night until I pinched a nerve in my neck. I slept like crap because of it, waking up every 30 minutes trying ot get comfortable. Meh. I hate it when that happens. I'll be sore for at least three days now. I'll stay plenty loaded on Advil.
Ouchie, I had this happen earlier this year during a sprint effort swim and it sucked big time!