Quantcast

gmt..... what day is it? gmt

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Today is Tuesday. We have a stand down day today and training. Forgot to tell my boss, who is my worker for this week. This may be a lot of fun, or I may be fired. Time will tell.

Today is:
Festival of Sleep Day
Congress Assembles Day
Drinking Straw Day
Earth at Perihelion
Memento Mori
National Thank God Its Monday! Day
Birthday - J.R.R. Tolkien (author)
Admission Day (Alaska)
Passport Presentation (Russia)
St. Genevieve Feast Day (France)

Be safe out there.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hi! :rofl:

I prefer having days off to working, but that's just me. New Year's weekend in Vermont was great. We spent all day Saturday spending money, I ran a half marathon on Sunday (I mentioned that yesterday but it's worth mentioning again because I'm awesome), and yesterday we skied in some of the worst ski conditions ever. Good times! Today begins my three busy work weeks of the year. Utah ski trip follows.

Bye now.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Went for a long ride yesterday while wife took kid and dogs to the dog park. Dog #1 woke us up at 1 a.m. whining with pain. Gave him a small amount of baby aspirin and it helped but it took me forever to go back to sleep. Time to see the vet, he's pretty old and I'm starting to suspect he might not be with us too much longer. :(

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Good morning monkeys, it's freaking cold outside. The van display read 15 degrees on the morning commute. So we were under a weather advisory last night and were supposed to get 6-8" of snow overnight. This morning I woke up to less than an inch of snow... another great job by our local weathermen :disgust:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning monkeys, it's freaking cold outside. The van display read 15 degrees on the morning commute. So we were under a weather advisory last night and were supposed to get 6-8" of snow overnight. This morning I woke up to less than an inch of snow... another great job by our local weathermen :disgust:
Weathermen suck this year. We've been supposedly going to get snow since the day before Christmas and have gotten barely a dusting :disgust:

It was VERY cold here this morning too and we're under advisories for the students so no outside recess today which means they'll be wound when they come to me this afternoon!!!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Held my niece for the first time yesterday. Remembered how awesome and terrible it is for a grown man to hold a newborn.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Deep powder back country adventure on Saturday then an awesomerrific mountain bike ride Sunday and Monday. I rounded it out with a big dance party Saturday night and locals night at Deschutes last night. They are closed for January now to finish their expansion. Great start to a new year!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
forecast is for tee shirt weather [high 60's low 70's]. Working in the office today and if I get out early enough EMS training at the Fire Station tonight. Great breakfast, coffee, OJ, 8 strips of thick cut bacon, two fried eggs and sourdough toast.:weee:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I'm pretty sure I'm still recovering for NYE. Had another Polar Bear Swim at the cabin on Sunday, that was fun, made me think my hangover was cured for a coupla hours, but that was it. Happy first day back at work!

...For you, CJSP:

My hubby got some awesome pics of the Space Needle, but I have to get them off of his phone!!