Quantcast

=== GMT ===

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
@TN - don't you still have that decrepit old GF Sugar?!?

The answer is super-easy: there's no way you'll ever get that tire on and that shitty old GF is probably already cracked. Solution: new bike

:homer:
thanks daddy warbucks.

I can get 10 more years outta that frame. :cool:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Went to the doc and got a ultrasound of my heart. No surgery will be required. No bike riding or sex for 2 more weeks. Heart has been stabilized with Metoprolol. Progress is being made. Lungs are doing excellent also. Need to up my Magnesium levels and find a Calcium supplement as diet is not enough. My Dick was hanging out of my shorts when the Nurse came into the exam room. She was very unprofessional about it. Highly embarrassing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I thought about getting a float X and having avy drop their hi/lo adjuster in it (plus tune) for 600 (300shock +300 tune). I have loved all the avy stuff I've owned and ridden, but I either get tunability and no climb switch or climb switch with limited tunability. The x2 has both in a factory model.
i got an old Rp2 for my Scott that's gonna get the avy treatment. but was hella cheaper.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i got an old Rp2 for my Scott that's gonna get the avy treatment. but was hella cheaper.
:thumbs:

there's an interesting comment in one of his FAQs. He basically says that between the Float X (with resi) and the inline shocks, there's not really a difference. The resi is more resistant to heat fade but not by much. That was pretty interesting to read- that the two shocks perform similarly enough that it's a toss up.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Went to the doc and got a ultrasound of my heart. No surgery will be required. No bike riding or sex for 2 more weeks. Heart has been stabilized with Metoprolol. Progress is being made. Lungs are doing excellent also. Need to up my Magnesium levels and find a Calcium supplement as diet is not enough. My Dick was hanging out of my shorts when the Nurse came into the exam room. She was very unprofessional about it. Highly embarrassing.
I like how you capitalized My Dick. Im gonna start doing that.
In your complaint letter however, I would use all lower case & maybe not use the word "dick".

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:thumbs:

there's an interesting comment in one of his FAQs. He basically says that between the Float X (with resi) and the inline shocks, there's not really a difference. The resi is more resistant to heat fade but not by much. That was pretty interesting to read- that the two shocks perform similarly enough that it's a toss up.
it also sounds like he's going to continue making his own shocks, he had been holding off due to uncertainty because of metrics and trunions and whatnot

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
it also sounds like he's going to continue making his own shocks, he had been holding off due to uncertainty because of metrics and trunions and whatnot
i read what you said, but I think you meant "Forced obsolescence".

I'm hoping this BMC will be it for a while...I can't keep up with the standards, even though I have the money. I love that GG 29er trail bike, but it's BOOst and metric. too bad!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
In my busy work schedule today on my trail bike:
  • Freehub swapped to an XD
  • GX cassette installed along with new X1 chain
Still on the to-do list:
  • Service NDS pedal as it was falling apart on Saturdays ride.
  • New front and rear tyres
  • Service rear shock
  • Service fork
Then wifes trail bike needs shock and fork service too...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I would just like to express how ass boiling hot it is in the plant here today.

Those robots sure do have a tough job.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i read what you said, but I think you meant "Forced obsolescence".
from FB:

In case anyone is wondering about our coil over rear shock product line being out of stock:

We have been waiting to see what is happening with the coil market and trying to decide how to approach all the new metric sizes, trunnion mounts and the climb switch usefulness. We have begun to restock the original sizes and hope to be able to custom make the metric sizes as we sell them with our new parts expected to be complete by mid June. We are looking to make a Enduro specific model also, yet to be named.

We are taking back-orders at the current pricing, expected delivery date is end of June for the first wave.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
WTF? Every time I stop paying attention you go and try to die.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Taco's last night, no Queso. They were mediocre.

Crushing it at work today, ride home will force me to ride back to work in the AM.

Or inconvenience a co-worker early for a ride.. lol.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Please someone make it stop. Who TF scheduled a 4 hour meeting without prep? "I'm just going to wing it, so I'm not sure why this meeting is being recorded..." - our host.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
This is why you always wear the new pair of underwear to the Dr. or ER. I made a similar mistake when I went in for Rabies shots.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Meeting with Principal went well. Turns out a lot of Haley's issue is based on not being able to let go of things that were said a while ago, not new stuff. Apparently not being able to let go of things bothering you is a known issue with perfectionists and for little kids being unable to know how to let go it's a bigger issue. (@Toshi - have fun buddy.)Teachers gave us some ways to work on steering her positive while we are at home and they will work on it at school. Still really frustrating that something that happened almost 2 months ago is still festering now.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
came home and dug in the mud by the creek with the 8yo for a while, then slammed him and the 12yo around on the trampoline for a while. haven’t been feeling super great oast few weeks. planning to ride tomorrow afternoon. either it will help or make me feel worse. i’m willing to take my chances...