Quantcast

<< GMThursday >>

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Last night's group ride was ball freezing cold. I made the decision to cut the loop short when my toes started to freeze. And that was with weather winter hiking boots and wool socks.

Snow was perfect though. Few inches of powder packed down by three riders who went in before us. No ice, yay.

Oil change, coffee, work, coffee, work, beer; are my plans today.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Another bout of yo-yo temperature in Quebekistan.

The Sprinter needs a new battery. 6 years on OEM battery, not too bad.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
'nother cold one today. -7°F, -15 with the wind. dropped the kids off at forest school. I bundled them up well and slathered them in vaseline, I hope they enjoy their day out. my wife felt ill when she got to work so she asked me to pick her up on the way. as a result, I got a drive to work, and she'll pick me up on the way home.

it's ride night tonight. the plan is to ride my favourite trail, so I hope it works out. I'm pretty sure I have my wardrobe all picked out for the cold too...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I like these days during which I do not work. I should do this more often. Kids are dancing around the living room to the Nutcracker before heading off to school/bus drop off.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just saw a GMC Terrain dragging a pine tree (assuming of the Christmas variety) under its front bumper on the freeway at 70mph. Oh the humanity. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Back from my ongoing feeble effort to save the planet. Love to see a huge plan take shape.
Unpopular opinion: Hitler had the same thing in mind, but a much different approach. At least his worked directly to getting rid of the problem this planet has,(Humans). Biggest issue he had was he was discriminatory against who he killed.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up since 3:30. WTF again.

Back from my ongoing feeble effort to save the planet. Love to see a huge plan take shape.
Haley seriously loves this shit. You should tell her what you do and watch her head explode.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Unpopular opinion: Hitler had the same thing in mind, but a much different approach. At least his worked directly to getting rid of the problem this planet has,(Humans). Biggest issue he had was he was discriminatory against who he killed.
Well good morning, Thanos.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Are you sure about that? Fixed that analogy for you.
I mean, when termites come in to destroy your habitat, you call an exterminator to get rid of them.
But when we clear cut forests, and destroy the habitat of 1000's of species, meh. Then our waste ends up in the ocean and destroys more habitats, meh. Further still, after those animals migrate to new places, like the city or new water ways to try to survive, we kill them because they are invading our habitat because we destroyed theirs and deem them over populated, meh. But dear FSM, if something tries to destroy our habitat, we must eradicate it as well. Humans are the most over populated and destructive species on this planet. For the most part, we have evolved beyond survival of the fittest, moved beyond natural selection, we still have Darwinism, but not on a large enough scale. "Thanks" to modern medical practices, some of them can be resuscitated only for them to continue to live as an idiot that would have been better off dead.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Don't get me wrong, i don't support Hitler, just saying that humans disappearing would be the best thing for this planet in the long run.
There are two distinct possibilities for humans in the future.
1.) We will eradicated by ourselves, or by something else.
2.) We will end up colonizing other worlds.

Number 1 is more likely as we can't even fix our planet, let alone bend others to our will. We still haven't even gotten space tourist businesses up and running. And it will likely take a lot longer before its affordable to the average human. Let along moving an entire species to a new settlement.
Only the wealthy elitists could afford it. Only if they pay for the hard working people to go with them, could they stand a chance of survival.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
@KenW449 you read about fermis paradox. Also people think of evolution as survival of the fittest. But many times evolution doesn’t have to be for good. It just happens sometimes out of luck, or randomness, or just happens.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Don't get me wrong, i don't support Hitler, just saying that humans disappearing would be the best thing for this planet in the long run.
There are two distinct possibilities for humans in the future.
1.) We will eradicated by ourselves, or by something else.
2.) We will end up colonizing other worlds.

Number 1 is more likely as we can't even fix our planet, let alone bend others to our will. We still haven't even gotten space tourist businesses up and running. And it will likely take a lot longer before its affordable to the average human. Let along moving an entire species to a new settlement.
Only the wealthy elitists could afford it. Only if they pay for the hard working people to go with them, could they stand a chance of survival.
I'ma continue trying to save the planet for our future race of nazi termite overlords.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
@KenW449 you read about fermis paradox. Also people think of evolution as survival of the fittest. But many times evolution doesn’t have to be for good. It just happens sometimes out of luck, or randomness, or just happens.
I read somewhere that a huge possibility for human evolution during the Neanderthals time, was the domestication of K-9's. It talked about how early wolves would follow around hunters and feed off the scraps lefts behind. Eventually, started joining them on hunts as it was mutually beneficial for both as they could take down more and larger prey a lot easier. It's theorized that gaining the wolves put them at an advantage over groups that did not because they could out compete and allowed for humans to start evolving. Though, i believe it would be more likely that Cro-Mags would domesticate wolves and lead to the extinction on Neanderthals.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good on ya, mate. I too hope for the survival of the planet and we just need more people to get on board for the biggest effects to happen.
Most of my trash is recycling and I'm trying to get solar panels for my McMansion :banghead:, again. That's the best I've got.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
...fermis paradox...
I'm convinced that the high probability that intelligent extant life exists is the exact reason we have seen no evidence of it, and therefore all the proof we need. I suspect that any species with the technology capable of making interstellar travel possible would take one look at the junk show called Earth and properly steer clear.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I mean, when termites come in to destroy your habitat, you call an exterminator to get rid of them.
But when we clear cut forests, and destroy the habitat of 1000's of species, meh. Then our waste ends up in the ocean and destroys more habitats, meh. Further still, after those animals migrate to new places, like the city or new water ways to try to survive, we kill them because they are invading our habitat because we destroyed theirs and deem them over populated, meh. But dear FSM, if something tries to destroy our habitat, we must eradicate it as well. Humans are the most over populated and destructive species on this planet. For the most part, we have evolved beyond survival of the fittest, moved beyond natural selection, we still have Darwinism, but not on a large enough scale. "Thanks" to modern medical practices, some of them can be resuscitated only for them to continue to live as an idiot that would have been better off dead.
you should listen to Toxic Narcotic

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I read somewhere that a huge possibility for human evolution during the Neanderthals time, was the domestication of K-9's. It talked about how early wolves would follow around hunters and feed off the scraps lefts behind. Eventually, started joining them on hunts as it was mutually beneficial for both as they could take down more and larger prey a lot easier. It's theorized that gaining the wolves put them at an advantage over groups that did not because they could out compete and allowed for humans to start evolving. Though, i believe it would be more likely that Cro-Mags would domesticate wolves and lead to the extinction on Neanderthals.