Quantcast

## GMThursday ##

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just got off the phone w HD customer service. 4 of my new garage cabinets have been missing for 5 weeks now. Finally started getting properly frustrated and talked to one of the sr customer service guys in the store, who was able to get an expedited ticket open for me.

Talking to the phone rep today, apparently 3 have been at the store this entire time. The order was put in by the store, but over the phone, and they had typed in my email incorrectly (P instead of T), so I never got notification. Every time I was there, nobody realized the order was partially filled. So... She gave me another 15% off that part the order (which was already discounted 25%), to account for the stream of fuck up's. Garage organization cost has now dropped to $1600 vs. normal priced $2700.

And an added bonus, I'm getting to pass other good stuff (tool chest, workbench, storage, old bike parts & bikes) to friends and charities who can use it vs. tossing it.
I had similar mistyped email address issues from a custom blind order they put in for me over the phone. Then it took nearly two months to get the install scheduled/done.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I had similar mistyped email address issues from a custom blind order they put in for me over the phone. Then it took nearly two months to get the install scheduled/done.
y u no Bali Blinds via Costco.com instead? or was it something only HD carries?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got an email from Hannah's school. They are so short on teachers that they are asking parents for referrals with a 1-week free bonus if they stay 90-days per teacher they refer. The economist in me just wants to say "pay them more" if that means costs go up, then those who can't afford it will stop sending their kids, so you won't have the need for as many teachers. Economic balance.

If the (R) parents (large portion) who were bitching about the last price increase want private school for their 0-5 y/o kids, then they need to accept the open market and pay for it. Otherwise they can figure out other options. Free market baby.

Oh, and about half the day-care options in our area closed in the last 2 months. Most of the church daycares closed because of staffing primarily, but mask mandates as a secondary (church folk apparently don't like to wear masks). Demand is high. These teachers can get paid whatever the hell they want.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just got an email from Hannah's school. They are so short on teachers that they are asking parents for referrals with a 1-week free bonus if they stay 90-days per teacher they refer. The economist in me just wants to say "pay them more" if that means costs go up, then those who can't afford it will stop sending their kids, so you won't have the need for as many teachers. Economic balance.

If the (R) parents (large portion) who were bitching about the last price increase want private school for their 0-5 y/o kids, then they need to accept the open market and pay for it. Otherwise they can figure out other options. Free market baby.

Oh, and about half the day-care options in our area closed in the last 2 months. Most of the church daycares closed because of staffing primarily, but mask mandates as a secondary (church folk apparently don't like to wear masks). Demand is high. These teachers can get paid whatever the hell they want.
1633026900682.png

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Playing with actual lasers today, kinda excited. My first run of my automation framework on metal, should be funny if nothing else.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Boss told me today I have been under a lot of pressure and should take a day off.
:tinfoil:
Welp, I think I am going downhilling tomorrow. It has been a while.
Aand just like that, because of a critical meeting with a prospect who just messaged me, I may have to delay to next week.

:monkeydance:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Lunch? No tamales in the 406. Got my tires sorted with proper rotation and such so I"ma go ride now. First run on Ground Control T7 / T5 combo. If I feel like a second run I'll swap out for the Ikons, now with new and improved forward facing knobs. Also a lot less air. I should grab an apple.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Goddamn, If I still drank, it would be a two-pint Long Island Iced Tea evening.
Maybe I need to bust out a 5mg gummie, but I haven’t been loving the thc much lately, so maybe not.
Fucking stress.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Goddamn, If I still drank, it would be a two-pint Long Island Iced Tea evening.
Maybe I need to bust out a 5mg gummie, but I haven’t been loving the thc much lately, so maybe not.
Fucking stress.

Only closers get gummis.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
CBJ is back in the states but it got a little hairier than expected when the airlines asked for birth certificate. I had pictures on the phone luckily.

Tomorrow we drive to Charlottesville for a wedding and back in NYC again Sunday where we will just hand lit with friends for 10 days, eat good food and do as much day drinking as possible.

Had to surrender my green card which sucks but it's our own choice.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Ride complete, first crash of the year also complete. I started the ride with 25PSI F/R, within a mile or so I let air out of both. After another another mile the rear tire was still too bouncy so I let some more air out... decided to let some out of the front as well but went too far. I rode another 4 or 5 miles with no problems, the T7 front tire inspires confidence so I pushed the downhill bits as fast as my skills allowed. I lost grip on a fast right turn with a nice berm, rolled the tire, pulled back too fast and layed it down with the front wheel in the air. Mild abrasions to my right forearm and a slight bump to my left shoulder. The Garmins clocked at 16mph when I lost it so it could have been worse.

I checked the pressures when I got back home 19 in the back and 14 up front so I may have burped it. Next ride I'm going with 20/22 and wont f@ck with anything while I'm riding.